Wrangler original sound bar

Items for Sale
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Wrangler original sound bar

Post by iguana »

As I have installed the 6 speakers VDP sound bar, I am selling my original sound bar fitted with 160 Watts 3 way 2 Kenwood speakers.

Asking for AED 500. Those who are interested, please PM me.

This sound bar can fit YJ 1998-2001 and TJ as well.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Wrangler original sound bar

Post by Kris »

iguana wrote:
This sound bar can fit YJ 1998-2001 and TJ as well.
???

you might wanna hang on to the original soundbar and see if you like the VDP one for now.
i found that when the top is off and u blast the music with a lot of bass , that it's not 100% clear anymore.(but i was putting it up way too loud on the highway...)
sure it's a big improvement over the stock ones ( ok i didnt have a soundbar to begin with!) , but you can always put diff speakers into the original one and not worry abt cutting it up too much.

Laurie on oman4x4.com has a nice write up about the JBL speakers he put into his and did some custom fabrication work to fit them.
look cool and work well.
Good basis for a new project to toy around with!
And ofcourse , fabrication work is always fun!!! :wink:

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Sorry, My stupid mistakes again.

it fits 1998-2001 & YJ as well.

Kris, I changed the stock speakers with 3way Kenwood. It was not giving me the bais I wanted.

With the VDP, I think I need a small amp or change the subwoofers to a better quality ones. Lets wait till I take the top off (It's still a bit hot over here) and see how it works.

But the original ones - I have to sell, my wife will kill me, there is no space at home any more it's full of spares.

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

yep..figured u changed the speakers to kenwood ones.

the tweeters in the VDP do the trick , i find.
the bass could be replaced. btw...u might find sometimes that the covers for the bass might come off...
replacing the bass / adding an amp isnt an option on mine... i think it would be when i've got the car close to perfection (like your's :wink: ) , but right now , other things to concentrate on!

why dont u get an add. subwoofer ? Get one that fits into the centre console...you can get some nice ones off quadratec as im sure u know! :lol: That way your wiring can be hidden. External amp will jst get covered in sand when the top's off , unless u put it in a plexiglass housing with some 12V cooling fans for PC's. The dude that had my YJ before i did , had a nice box made up.

You're prob right selling this one.
Hadnt i bought my VDP one , i think i would've gotten your's and played around with it.
Garage is the man's domain! Must defend..! :lol:

konradh

Post by konradh »

:nopics:

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

konradh wrote::nopics:
Jeep owners knows what I am talking about. They don't need pics. This sound bar does not fit Patrols.

Kris,
Now with my top still on the car, the sound is too high, it's not pure but loud. If I add an amp. the car will be too noisy specially that you get the sound on top of your ears.

Let me work out something new and I will update you.

konradh

Post by konradh »

iguana wrote:
konradh wrote::nopics:
Jeep owners knows what I am talking about. They don't need pics. This sound bar does not fit Patrols.

Kris,
Now with my top still on the car, the sound is too high, it's not pure but loud. If I add an amp. the car will be too noisy specially that you get the sound on top of your ears.

Let me work out something new and I will update you.
:nopics:

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Hey man ,

what if u swap out the VDP bass speakers with the 3-way Kenwood ones ( if they have a similar diameter , leave the VPD tweeters in ) , then hook it up to an amp mounted under your seat , enclosed in a plexiglass case with a fan ( dont know how much sand u get into your car ) , then hook up an external bass (to the amp) and mount that in your center console ( under your arm-rest ).
that'd give u an excuse to buy more quadratec toys :wink:

just make sure you have a nice electrical connection with the Kenwood speakers so you dont have any probs eventually with the shaking around & vibrations.