CROWNE PLAZA GPS Fun drive 2011 by AD4x4

Club Parties, Anniversaries, meetings, and official events
Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

CROWNE PLAZA GPS Fun drive 2011 by AD4x4

Post by Hani AMJ »

Dear Members,
AD4x4 & CROWNE PLAZA are proud to present the third edition of its Annual GPS Fun drive. The GPS Fun drive is an internal event hosted by AD4x4 to help members and marshals alike enhance their driving and navigational skills while adventuring in the UAE desert. The event will be a full day activity starting in the early AM and ending just before sunset.

Date: 25th of Feb 2011
Registration will close on 21st of Feb 2011

Time Schedule:
8:00AM to 09:30AM: meeting at meeting location (TBA) and drive to event location
9:30AM to 10:00 pre event briefing and pre event inspection
10:00AM to 4:30PM: The Fun
4:30PM to 8:00PM: Award ceremony + BBQ

The Fun Drive
The concept of the event is simple, imagine you are in a big circle, the starting point of the drive is at the center of the circle and the checkpoints are scattered all around that circle. Each team will be given a set of GPS waypoints in different formats and each team needs to work together in finding their way to the next checkpoint. you will be free to choose your next distention in that circle. Each check point will be flagged and will have a stamp that you have to use in order to prove to the organizers you have reached that check point.

Teams
Each team will have three members and there will be two types of teams

1) Member’s team will be composed of Advance, intermediate & newbee drivers
2) Seniors team that will be composed of explorer or marshals.

Notice:
- The rules and regulations will be exactly the same for both groups, only waypoints will differ.
- Please Check FAQ below for team formations

Scoring
There are three types of checkpoints:
1) Easy: less points for passing through them
2) Hard: you get more points passing through them
3) Extreme: you get the most points possible passing through them

Important Notice: Any team arriving after 4:30PM will be penalized for every minute of delay.

The Terrain
In General, the whole area where the event will be located is easy to moderate in difficulty. There will be plenty of catche roads around for early departure and emergencies.

Rules
- Each team should be completely self-sufficient; you should carry your own supplies, GPS’s and recovery gear. Teams that require assistance from the organizers will be penalized.
- Your team should be able to deal with tire pop-outs, broken flags and other off-road related incidents. With the exception of mechanical breakdowns & accidents, teams that require assistance from the organizers will be penalized.
- EXTRA FUEL IS A MUST ON THIS TRIP. You should carry a Min of 20L fuel while we recommend you carry 40L. If you don’t, you will have to drive 70KM to the nearest Adnoc in the opposite direction to Abu Dhabi. This will add an extra 140KM to your trip back to AUH.
- You are to travel with a convoy of three cars at all times. If you are in a situation where you have to break your convoy you have to alert the organizers otherwise you will be disqualified from the event
- If you are late in the mornig you will be also panalized

How to register:
Reply to this post with the following information:
1) Team Name
2) The AD4x4 username of your team mates
3) The rank of your team mates
4) Contact details of yourself and your team mates

-A registration fee of 100AED per car / 300AED per team will be collected on the day of the race. You will receive the documents & maps related to the race and an AD4x4 GPS Fun drive 2011 goody bag on the day as well.

- To better your chances in winning this event please read the following documents:
Converting different GPS formats

FAQ

Q) How many members per team can we have?
A) Only three per team. there will be no special considerations and no last minute changes.

Q) we are two advance and one intermediate. can we get special consideration for our team not to replace the intermediate with a newbee?
A) No YOU CANT. The rules apply to all teams, EACH TEAM MUST HAVE ONE ADVANCE & ONE NEWBEE

Q) who will lead the convoy?
A) Advance OR Intermediate Drivers

Q) How many GPS devices do we need in our team?
A) the minimum is one for the leader.

Q) What rank can my team be composed off?
A) *** + *** + * OR
A) *** + ** + * OR
A) *** + * + * OR
A) ** + ** + * OR
A) ** + ** + *

Q) Will marshals be part of the fun?
A) Yes, but they have have their own fun with different waypoints and tracks from the members.

Q) Who will assist in case of emergency?
A) There is a team of 5 cars on standby to assist any one in trouble. you will get their contact on the day of the fun

Q) Can two teams work together?
A) well there is no rules preventing teams from cooperating together however each team will be graded separately, therefore there is no advantage of team cooperation.

Q) Will any marshal conduct a trip as a practice run based on the GPS Challange concept?
A) NO, the way the fun is designed will insure safety and fun for all teams.

Prizes

The winning Marshals team will receive the following:
- AD4x4 GPS fun Certificate for every marshal in the team
- A weekend stay at CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL for 2 including breakfast for every marshal in the team

The winning Members team will receive the following:
- AD4x4 Gifts for every member in the team
- AD4x4 GPS fun Certificate for every member in the team
- brunch for 2 at Crowne Plaza Hotel for every member in the team

This event is bought to you by:
Crowneplaza.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Re: AD4x4 GPS Fun drive 2011

Post by Hani AMJ »

Confirmed Members Teams Excel Sheet:
Members Team.xlsx
Confirmed Marshals Teams Excel Sheet:
Marshal Team.xlsx

Way Points & Tracks

start waypoints & track.gdb

Waiting List

Abu Naif intermediate 0506660583

pepsi Newbee 0558328468
jacklin Newbee 0507968411
TangoMike Newbee
McQuab Newbee 050-1325665
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hani AMJ on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Excel Files Updated Feb 16 @ 09:51PM

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

Dear Members,

I would like to thank all who have contributed there suggestions and remarks to better the GPS fun. i have read all your comments and updated the event accordingly. Please note that the goal behind this event is not competition between the ranks. The goal of this event is to have a fun day out for all our members while meeting new people & enhancing your navigational/leading skills to better your career with Ad4x4 club. A small team of marshals including my self have spend days in putting this event together while considering the safety and enjoyment factor to all rank. therefore, the rules are set and clear. If you have any comments/remarks or any special request for your team please send me a PM. lets keep this forum for the registration of the event Only

kerMitt

Post by kerMitt »

my team is:

Seamut: leader
Kermitt:
buldozer:

our teams name is BULDOZERS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Dear Newbie Members,

You are specifically invited for this fun day, plz read the following (information discussed with Mood, if wrong, plz AnTrax correct them)
1. This is a fun day, not a real competition and it will be a great learning experience.
2. The required extra fuel (20-40L) does not have to be carried with you during the drive, but can be left with the organisers, you will probably need it when you are back on road.
3. Do not hesitate to participate just because you do not trust you capabilities, at the end even the Marshals were newbies, from such experiences we all learn.
4. The tracks will be more or less easy to moderate as mentioned above by AnTrax, as we are not required to play around, but to move from one point to another, taken the shortest and easiest way to save time and fuel.
5. You are not required to have a GPS, your team members will have.
6. If you get stuck, and we all will one way or another, then so what?!?! we all get stuck and have fun and enjoy the company.
7. If you want to participate but do not know anyone, just drop a line or register your name and say you do not have a team, and you will be contacted soon.

To summarise the above, if you are interested to join but have doubts because of technicalities, then forget them and join, we will all have fun and you will see the real spirit of AD4x4 club;
or contact any senior member to ask, no harm of asking. I am more than happy to help if I can.
Last edited by desert_hawk on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

to the dear Organisers:

Just a thought that is not related to my team in specific, but by looking to the numbers of registered members

there are 8 Advances, 12 Intermediates and 5 Newbies so far (these numbers will be changed probably)

1. if this scenario continues or similar to it, does that mean that half of the intermediates and few of the advanced will not be allowed to participate just because they do not fit into the rules and there are not enough newbies?

2. if the numbers change, and intermediates and newbies will be equal, we all know that newbies and intermediates at this level are much more than advanced, does that mean all the EXTRA newbies and intermediates will not be allowed to participate just because there are not enough advanced to be in the teams?

Just a thought to be discussed between the organisers, no need to reply to it.

Reagrds
Desert_Hawk
FJCRUISER

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

amit_likhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by amit_likhite »

Team Modified!

The AEC
amit_likhite - Intermediate - 050 4538831
faragallah - Advance - 050 8545574
DAYDREAMER - Newbie
One life is too short to fulfill all wishes, so make most of every moment!!!

DAYDREAMER

Post by DAYDREAMER »

[quote="amit_likhite"]Team Modified!

The AEC
amit_likhite - Intermediate - 050 4538831
faragallah - Advance - 050 8545574
DAYDREAMER - Newbie - 055 5280690 / 050 3491946
The way to the success is always under construction...

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

desert_hawk wrote:Dear Newbie Members,

You are specifically invited for this fun day, plz read the following (information discussed with Mood, if wrong, plz AnTrax correct them)
1. This is a fun day, not a real competition and it will be a great learning experience.
2. The required extra fuel (20-40L) does not have to be carried with you during the drive, but can be left with the organisers, you will probably need it when you are back on road.
3. Do not hesitate to participate just because you do not trust you capabilities, at the end even the Marshals were newbies, from such experiences we all learn.
4. The tracks will be more or less easy to moderate as mentioned above by AnTrax, as we are not required to play around, but to move from one point to another, taken the shortest and easiest way to save time and fuel.
5. If you get stuck, and we all will one way or another, then so what?!?! we all get stuck and have fun and enjoy the company.
6. If you want to participate but do not know anyone, just drop a line or register your name and say you do not have a team, and you will be contacted soon.

To summarise the above, if you are interested to join but have doubts because of technicalities, then forget them and join, we will all have fun and you will see the real spirit of AD4x4 club;
or contact any senior member to ask, no harm of asking. I am more than happy to help if I can.

Mr. talkative ...... :mrgreen:
Thanks for your post .... its clear right now for All .....
All members Plz fell free to Call me or Antarax .....
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

MooD wrote: Mr. talkative ...... :mrgreen:
Thanks for your post .... its clear right now for All .....
All members Plz fell free to Call me or Antarax .....
I thought you asked me to post this!!!
and now you are calling me talkative :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FJCRUISER

Zox
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Zox »

Zombia team :

1- Zox : 050 7800820
2- Yayos : 0506990144
3-Hammo0od : 050 5806806
I Understand its a JEEP thing , thats why i drive a XTERRA :) :) :)

I got your jeep thing , Now it burns when i pee ... :)

PROUD TO BE AD4X4 MEMBER

Abdoush
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdoush »

Winning Team:

1- Abdoush (Advance) 0505313456
2- Scorpio84 (intermediate) 0504922014
3- Ranger (VIP) 0506112035
(Aug 26, 2009) Newbie -----> Intermediate Wanna Be
(Jan 4, 2010) Intermediate -----> Advance Wanna Be
(Dec 20, 2010) Advance -----> Explorer Wanna Be
(Mar 3, 2011) Explorer -----> Marshal Wanna Be
(Oct 17, 2011) Marshal -----> SM Wanna Be (TBA Oct 18, 2013)
PROMO: (April 10, 2012) PRE-ANIT ------> ANIT Wanna Be (just for one day)
----
Karim Haider ______Mobile: 0505313456______
Proud to be AD4x4 Happy Marshal.......

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Abdoush wrote:Winning Team:

NOT ALLOWED.....need a newbie :-)

anyway - i am in the winning team :D
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Abdoush
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdoush »

tillybean wrote:
Abdoush wrote:Winning Team:

NOT ALLOWED.....need a newbie :-)

anyway - i am in the winning team :D
Ha ha ha, nice try Sam, we already have Mr Ranger as a newbie, the VIP is like a honorary title, business deals :)

So guess u should find a 2nd place winner team :p
See u in friday :)
(Aug 26, 2009) Newbie -----> Intermediate Wanna Be
(Jan 4, 2010) Intermediate -----> Advance Wanna Be
(Dec 20, 2010) Advance -----> Explorer Wanna Be
(Mar 3, 2011) Explorer -----> Marshal Wanna Be
(Oct 17, 2011) Marshal -----> SM Wanna Be (TBA Oct 18, 2013)
PROMO: (April 10, 2012) PRE-ANIT ------> ANIT Wanna Be (just for one day)
----
Karim Haider ______Mobile: 0505313456______
Proud to be AD4x4 Happy Marshal.......

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Abdoush...you are my brother, but you have to accept that Red Flag is going to wipe your face in the sand. Man, we are such a great team its hardly worth other teams even turning up on the day. :lol:

Actually, of course, I am joking. This is going to be The Event of the Year and I wish every team good luck, but please, prepare yourself to be at least second because....Red Flag always gets the Winners Flag.

Mwah!
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128