DesNav 2013 : THANK YOU

Club Parties, Anniversaries, meetings, and official events
tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Dear AD4x4

On behalf of the Founders, the SC and the DesNav organisers, I would like to thank everyone who took part today in DesNav 2013. Despite the very sandy weather conditions, we ended up with 21 Scout teams and 11 Navigator teams taking part in the soft, tricky and gorgeous sands in Hameem.

Some people decided to come last night and camp, whilst everyone else joined this morning. After the welcome, the instructions, the safety checks and the safety talks, all the participants started the event. Some teams decided to input a few points and head out quickly, whilst others discussed their strategy and worked out their route before hitting the sands. Either way, by around 10.15am, the camp was deserted of participants and all that was left was for the organisers to wait for everyone coming back before the 5pm deadline.

The day passed in a fury of sand as the wind really did whip up the dunes all around Hameem. With a few calls for assistance by some teams who had got into a tricky stuck here and there, the day passed by. Every now and again a glimpse of team would be seen as they climbed the dunes nearest to the base camp or crossed the sabkha.

The first team arrived about just after lunch due to a technical hitch with tyres and then the remaining teams started arriving from around 4pm. The sheets for the points were checked and double checked and finally it was time to announce the winners.

As you can see, we had a wonderful time in the dunes of Hameem today and everyone that took part was definitely a winner. The team spirit was great and this really was AD4x4 Family at its very best.

So before I let you know who won, please let me thank all the organisers who made this event happen. It took a lot of effort and team work to pull it together and ensure that over 90 cars could take part.

Burkhard, Smiley, MooD, Jo, Tweety, Antrax, Desert_Hawk, Juergen, Waleed, Wasabi, Xof, Islam and Adiga - THANK YOU.

Also, our sponsors provided gifts and goodies as well as prizes, so thank you to them too:

Princess, Ramy 4x4, Michelin, Jeep, Dublin, Western Motors, Crowne Plaza and Daman - THANK YOU.

And now to the best bit. As I said, everyone is a winner, but as with all competitions some teams manage to get a few more points than other teams, and so the winners are:

SCOUTS
1. Real Offroaders with 138 points (agne, cherif and guevera)
2. BPB with 114 points (Marwan moe, Caesar and nautibean)
3. The Lost Boys with 105 points (rmass, sebastiaan and ash)

NAVIGATORS
1. Princess 2 with 234 points (charo, zouzou and wissam)
2. Mopar with 217 points (imad, kermitt and seamutt)
3. Whassup! with 189 points (9ball, waqmaster and triplod)

Great day, great event, great club.

Well done again everyone.
Last edited by tillybean on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Re: DesNav 2013 : THANK YOU

Post by 9ball »

Thank you everyone for the superb organisation, and to all the teams for a great and safe competitive spirit. An awesome day it was, had an absolute blast, can't wait already for the next one!!! Team Whassup! did extremely well although we struggled trying to find those damn hidden S47 and S50 flags :lol: , we will know what to do next time! :twisted:

See you all again next year!!!
Desnav team: Whassup? with Waqmaster and Triplod.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 doors for the dunes
Spidertrax lift kit, Old Man Emu suspension, Mopar Cold Air Intake, extra radiator for transmission, Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, KC lights, more stuff to come.
2012 Mustang convertible for the highway and speeding tickets
Predator cues for the pool table (Samsara for play, BK2 for break, Air for jump, Predator case)
Black Belt in Karate
PADI Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified
Super hot wife, 3 cats: one weird looking Sphynx, one crazy fat Arabian Mau and one we are not sure about but not a whole lot smarter
nineballwizard on PS4 Call of Duty games

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Proud to be Marshal with best club in UAE

Dublin HS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dublin HS »

Congratulations to the winners and to all the participants.

Thanks to all the organisers for a job WELL DONE.
Dublin Health Services, Abu Dhabi’s newest Healthcare Development and Investment Company, is set to be the leading company in the field of Healthcare Investment and Management in UAE. Dublin Health Services will play an influential role in the creation of a thriving private healthcare sector for the Emirate by establishing long-term partnerships with renowned national and international medical institutions to build sustainable businesses, create regional competence, and enhance our clients’ healthcare experience.

alezz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by alezz »

Surprisingly that I can't find Lost Boys in list of partisipants. Last minute team?
Trips: ANIT(2), Newbie(18), Intermediate(14), GPS Hunt 2014
055 200 10 92

Putin = Hitler.v.2
Who is your friend you will know in disaster. And who is your foe also

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

YESSS !

BIG MEGA THANK YOU !

I enjoyed this year from 1st till last minute ... although we had a car break down and got disqualified bc we reached the finish line with 2 only and in time!

but that are the rules of the GAME :twisted:

really a nice day ... and super nice preparation ...

special thanks to my sponsor:
Princess performance workshop !
they did a great job in helping hardening my Sluggy up. Great success!
Thank You, Guys!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by SSS on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

azzamy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by azzamy »

I would really love to thank organizers and whoever worked to make such an event happen . Also , thank you for all the attendees who has contributed to make it a fun safe day.

Me myself, have learned a lot of skills controlling my car , recovery techniques and driving skills ad well.

I am a beginner, but have noticed that there were different dune shapes that gave us the opportunity to experience them and learning from our mistakes about how to drive with the dune wave , not against them.

Finally , would like to thank ad 4x4 , you took me from an anite to the level that i can take coordinates and reach to it with my team :) and still , there is a lot to learn:)

Thanks
Jk 2012 , 0556533581
Addicted To Desert !

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Fox »

It was a wonderful day full of experiences and great spirit. THANK YOU to all !

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

alezz wrote:Surprisingly that I can't find Lost Boys in list of partisipants. Last minute team?

Last minute entry.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Millhouse
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Millhouse »

Fantastic event. Well done to all that help organise it - you did a great job.
SWB Patrol - 1999
050 220 4203

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

What a great day out in the desert. thank you to all for the organisation and making this what it was.

Fantastic to see everyone return safely and i think this is in most part to the guidance we are receiving.

We had a great time and while we were we had great fun, laughing and taking on the dunes with the super soft sand. It was a new experience for most of us and i think al our driving really improved and especially the navigating the technical areas.

Lost of great memories and nothing expensive at the end (bonus).
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Big Thankyou to all the organizers of the event and to the sponsors, their contribution is immense.

Congratulations to the winners of Desnav 2013 but more importantly to all the participants. As Sam put it, we are all winners and take back home a little more experience than when we started arriving at the entry point.

A good many lessons learnt Teamwork the most important one and planning and execution.

I am sure we all learnt how tricky the sand was, a great location chosen well by the organizers. Some of the points were really challenging and some confidence boosting.

All in all, a special day in my calendar this year and certainly, we will be back next year with a yearning for the cup which is even more than before say what Team Desert Navigators??? :mrgreen: :D
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sean »

Excellent work by all the organisers and Thank you to the sponsors, well done and Thank you all very much.

Congratulations to the winners and top place getters in both grades.... :D

Well done to all who participated and enjoyed the day and learn some valuable lessons along the way...

Sure there were some challenging times for many and a few "new" challenging situations as well for some ;)

Team work communication and safety a great result for the day.

Thanks also to my team mates for the enjoyable day in the sand in a great area :D

Look forward to next year.

:D
2008 - 2011 Hummer H3 Adventure (2008) 3.7L – Off & On Road
2011 - 2012 Hummer H3 Adventure (2008) 5.3L V8 Off & On Road
2012 - 2014 Hummer H3 Adventure (2008) 5.3L V8 On Road
2012 - Jeep Wrangler (2012) Off and On Road

Mobile 050 12 44 976
What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Bado
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bado »

thank you for all AD4x4 managment, members and whoever helped in organizing this event a very beautiful one with a lot of experience learned and beautiful time with every one

keep the good work thumbs Up as always

george
Peace

rubicon
Marshal
Marshal

Post by rubicon »

What was the great day aslo the challnge btween the teams, really i enjoyed the desnav also my team they enjoyed too:D :D .Big thanks for every one who makes this event successful and great.
Ahmed Mohammed Al Blooshi.

Agne
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Agne »

Amazing event, no doubt. Thanks a lot to all the organisers, you did a great job to make it perfect. Thank you so much for all your time and effort!!

And thanks to all sponsors for your support.

And to all my dearest friends offroaders who participated and surely enjoyed the challenges the same way I did. It was a great teamwork (I'm really proud to be part of Real Offroooaaaderrrs Team :twisted: ) from the planing stage to the end of the day :D

Definitely looking froward to the next one :twisted:

See you all on sand soon