Important Info for Expats re Swine Flu

Birthdays, Celebrations etc...
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Important Info for Expats re Swine Flu

Post by Mac »

Gulf News reported this morning that UAE expats who are abroad and returning to the UAE must produce a certificate from their home country stating that they are free from H1N1. This is to be initiated drom August.

Of course as is usual it does not say what form the certificate has to be in, who you get it from, ie: GP or local health Authority, How long the certificate is valid for prior to return etc etc etc, so many unanswered questions.

The full article is reproduced below. We are trying to get some answers today from work and British Embassy, and if we have any joy I will post an update.

It may be worth checking with your own Embassy as well.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Health/10335287.html
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: Important Info for Expats re Swine Flu

Post by Andy »

Thanks Mac, any updates you can get would be greatly appreciated, seeing as I leave on Thursday for a couple of weeks 8O.

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

After extensive enqs, this article is TOTALLY UNTRUE. Ministry of Health will release a press statement soon apparantly.

So for time being IGNORE the Gulf News article.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Xtreme
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Xtreme »

Hi guys,
I'm writing this post from the airport, it's true that the post in gulfnews is untrue, I asked the airport police about it and they mentioned that only some nationalities (specially asians) may be requested to bring such certificates, but for the current time they don't know anything more about it.
:cheers1:
You will never never Know, If You never never Go.
Xtreme (aka Rober Raouf)
Black Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2005 3.0L with 2" Old Man Emu
Mob.: +971 50 811 9940

Desert_Rat

Post by Desert_Rat »

Well its also unclear that whether that certificate has to be attested from the Foriegn Affairs office and then the UAE embassy from the country of isse....Well swine flu is struck all over the world then only WHY ASIANS has to produce that certificate???
The world is not FLAT, Whatever the TERRAIN, there's JEEP. Get in n Get movin. The WORLD is WAITING.
Arif AKA Desert_Rat (Al-Ain)
Jeep Wrangler Sport - 2013 - Grey - BFG 285/70/16
H&R TRAK+® Wheel Spacers, 2.5" TeraFlex coils, Rancho RS7000 Shocks, Rancho RS5000 Steering stablizer, AOR Dual Exhaust muffler, SUPER Chip Tune, AirAid CAI

ANIT (4) Newbie (7)

050-6230947

Barkil
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Barkil »

Guys i heard it today on the news (radio one i think :roll: ),
they say they interviewed some officials in MOH and it is requiered for expates who incountered swine flu : to bring a certificate that they recovered. And if they knew that they have the flu and ddnt inform officials they will face visa termination and departion
Forgive and forget