Driving & Traffic Fines & Penalties

Birthdays, Celebrations etc...
Jax

Driving & Traffic Fines & Penalties

Post by Jax »

This link gives current details of driving and traffic offences with corresponding fines and penalties:

http://www.adpolice.gov.ae/en/portal/bl ... table.aspx

Stay safe & drive safe everyone :wink:

Sukilala

Re: Driving & Traffic Fines & Penalties

Post by Sukilala »

what does this one mean :::::::::::::::::::::::

Stopping on a yellow box. [never seen a yellow box]

:lol:

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Sukilala wrote:what does this one mean :::::::::::::::::::::::

Stopping on a yellow box. [never seen a yellow box]

:lol:
Sukilala, in some signal crossing roads there is a yellow block... the reason the put this is because some people here ( of course not ad4x4 people ) do cross the green light even when there is a jam traffic and they wait in the middle blocking the other directions.. you should proceed on a green light signal only when way is clear .

JAX.. this file is NOT for ad4x4 members .. we are good behaving citizens dear .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

Gotta love #40........now where did I leave the key to my electric golf buggy?????

braveheart
Advanced
Advanced

Post by braveheart »

Does anyone knows if the traffic policemen have a quota for tickets?
like they have to finish a book or two each month?

last week i paid like 3500aed for parking tickets, where I live in tourist club area is really crazy, and sometimes all the cars at night only they park in a way to block eachother, be we all know eachother and we dont mind as we leave our phone numbers.
but from time to time they come and put tickets on all the cars randomly

Any idea?

Fahad Bamatraf
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Fahad Bamatraf »

braveheart .. my cousin used to work in the sharjah municipality as a 'paid parking' monitor .. they ask them to finish atleast 1 book a week

as for the police .. i think they get a commition if they give so many fines in a set period of time (one month?)

so good luck mate, the tourist club area sucks when it comes to parking and until they decide its time to build parking buildings for you guys, you'll just have to face those tickets :x
Challenges are the fun part of life

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

I think it is interesting that driving a vehicle without licence plate is twice as many points as killing someone.

Back home in Sweden you will lose your driving licence if you drive more than 30 km/h above speed limit on a highway. When it is 30 km/h (outside schools etc) you will lose it exceeding more than 10 km/h.
As long as you dont exceed with more than 60 km/h you dont get any points at all.
I am pretty sure that if you keep the speed limits you will get a parking fine :-)

Just to tell you a story from Finland. They have their speeding ticket fines based on last years income. Two years ago they caught one guy who sold his company the year before and had a huge income that year. He was driving 25 km/h above speedlimit and had to pay 130 000 AED in fine :-)
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

I like them all... especially 54 & 78 We have to observe how it will be implemented.

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

braveheart wrote:Does anyone knows if the traffic policemen have a quota for tickets?
like they have to finish a book or two each month?

last week i paid like 3500aed for parking tickets, where I live in tourist club area is really crazy, and sometimes all the cars at night only they park in a way to block each other, be we all know each other and we dont mind as we leave our phone numbers.
but from time to time they come and put tickets on all the cars randomly

Any idea?
Walid if u move your car before 6 am u ll be safe, in Ramadan you are lucky have Suhor and move your car, the problem with the ppl blocking some other car either he doesn't leave phone no or never answer it
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded