Wadi Bih

Chit Chat about general subjects.
Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Wadi Bih

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Has anyone done the round trip to Wadi Bih? That is to say started in Dibbah and come out in Ras Al Khaimah? Would like to do this trip someday.

Mosalf 0566161157
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Wadi Bih

Post by Xof »

very old topics, plenty of reading about it on the forum and long story short, impossible now as the border is travel proof between oman and UAE... (unless you have a HUGE wasta).
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Bassam
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bassam »

Yea.. It's allowed for Omanies and locals only.
No foreigners any more :(
Bassam

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Wadi Bih

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Thanks guys, I was hoping they would have opened it again.

Mosalf 0566161157

Kalahari
Advanced
Advanced

Wadi Bih

Post by Kalahari »

Hi Mosalf, we drove this area in December and whilst we didn't try to go through the border road, we took the left turn at the round about and did the most amazing drive up the mountains. The road had been retarred almost to the summit Going direction Jebal Harim in Musandam. When the tar ends, there is a dirt track for a further 5km which is worth the drive. The only negative is that you must drive back down. The next day, we drove into Musandam and did the drive up to Jebal Harim. A grade 2 trail, with some steep gradients. This road and the one we drove the day before are 3km as the crow flies between them. Again it's a deadened so if you go all the way through to the Acacia forest, you must return on the same road. Both roads are amazing to drive but not 4x4 trails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Andrew
056 264 0635
JK

Bassam
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bassam »

Great news Kalahari.. I'd like to join u this rout on your next trip there. Why don't we arrange with interested members for a beautiful ride, and a wow scenery.
Bassam

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Wadi Bih

Post by Dune_Phantom »

bosom wrote:Great news Kalahari.. I'd like to join u this rout on your next trip there. Why don't we arrange with interested members for a beautiful ride, and a wow scenery.
Count me in please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Wadi Bih

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Kalahari wrote:Hi Mosalf, we drove this area in December and whilst we didn't try to go through the border road, we took the left turn at the round about and did the most amazing drive up the mountains. The road had been retarred almost to the summit Going direction Jebal Harim in Musandam. When the tar ends, there is a dirt track for a further 5km which is worth the drive. The only negative is that you must drive back down. The next day, we drove into Musandam and did the drive up to Jebal Harim. A grade 2 trail, with some steep gradients. This road and the one we drove the day before are 3km as the crow flies between them. Again it's a deadened so if you go all the way through to the Acacia forest, you must return on the same road. Both roads are amazing to drive but not 4x4 trails.

Thanks Kalahari, I will pass on to all my other friends who were keen to know about the route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Wadi Bih

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Hi Kalahari,

Can you confirm if we need a hotel reservation to go through the checkpoint?

Mosalf 0566161157

Kalahari
Advanced
Advanced

Wadi Bih

Post by Kalahari »

Hi Mosalf, we did the border crossing from RAK to Khasab and we didn't need a hotel reservation. As was said earlier in the thread, we didn't try and go through the border to Dibba. The first days trip we stayed within UAE, the second day was into Musandam which was when we went through the border. Enjoy the trip. Cheers Andrew

Andrew
056 264 0635
JK

khaluf
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by khaluf »

even in the old days when you could pass from RAK to Dibba via Wadi Bih and return never could you do Khassab - Dibbah or Dibbah Khasab even at the entry of Wadi Bih from Dibba their is a sign post stating some 235 odd Km to Khassab:
difinition of the good old days: way before golden tulip at dibbah even existed and at then it was an excellent camping spot.

cheers