Just an Idea

Chit Chat about general subjects.
kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Just an Idea

Post by kareemamr »

Guys ,

Lately the radio in trips is getting 2 busy alot of ppl talking at the same time ...

How about having a main universal channel for all .. then another channel for each marshal guiding 4 or 5 cars.

Having a seperate channels will enable marshals to focus on their guided cars if stuck and it will also give opportunity to switch between the channels in case of emergency...

This is just an idea :idea:

:roll: :roll:

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Post by adiga »

Sorry Amr, Idid not understand anythig :?:
Last edited by adiga on Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kareemamr »

Ok Adiga

I mean channel 11.0 on the walkie talkie can be universal for all the ppl in the trip

then Each marshal guiding any number of cars 4-5 can have another channel 10.6 and those cars will be following this channel and they can switch to the universal .

this will enable marshals to focus on those cars ..

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

the thing is that you are not the only one in the desert everyone is using the walkie talkie and u find people u don't know talking with u on the same channel , u can't stop that.

and about using two channels one for the general chit chat and one used for the official trip , well then people on the trip will have to switch between channels all the time, if u wana do that then u better use two walkie talkies , i do that. sometimes when we go to the desert i go with my friends like 4 wranglers and they get their friends who i don't know , so me and my friends on one channel and using the second walkie talkie to communicate with the whole group.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Absolutely, if you want to maintain two channels, then you need two radios, so you will not miss any communication with others. But be carefull not to reply to the wrong radio. hehehehehehehehe

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Suggestion

Post by Hani AMJ »

how about also using the push to talk service "PTT" from Etisalat for those with no radios. this option is available in almost all new phone models. (not the cheap ones :)" its always best if the marshals could communicate with every one on the trips

Mirz

Post by Mirz »

AnTrax - how does the PTT work with walkie talkies??

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

:badidea: who has some extra money to puy another walkie T to all, frankly i think this will confuse every body AND WILL CAUSE A PROBLEM specially when we start gossip :together:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 4x4er »

Hi,

PTT cannot be used with walkie-talkies. Only certain Nokia phones have this feature, and this can only be used with a preset contact list. But distance is not a problem, so if we establish a Club PTT address book, we'll be constantly squealing to a whole lot of members who aren't even on the trip!

But seriously, the radio is a serious communication tool and should not be used lightly. If you want to chat with pals or comment on something you've seen/heard, do use your mobile phone or send an SMS. But how are your hands so free, anyway??

Better still, stop ur car, we'll all stop and chat, light up a smoke etc.

If using two radios, isn't that a helluva lot of distraction?? How would you know which one just squawked? You'll end up mixing messages and confusing everyone!

Here's a suggestion: Anyone abusing radio communications will be identified. The Trip leader will decide on a new channel and the defaulter will not be informed of the new channel! So, if your radio goes silent during a trip, its you!!

:D

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kareemamr »

What if this kid clown faced some problems and he wants to inform the others..... :)

Nah i think everyone should be responsible while using the walkie talkie or make another channel for chatting and gossip and if u get stuck switch to the trip channel ....

:idea: :roll: