HELP on Police Report

Chit Chat about general subjects.
Idaho
Advanced
Advanced

HELP on Police Report

Post by Idaho »

Hello Everyone,

Several months ago in Khatim my wife was driving her pathfinder and she was stuck between two dunes. In an effort to get her out, she backed up onto a dune that pitched the front end down effectively pealing the front bumper back as it dragged across the sand. (BUMMER!) There is no way I'm going to find the place it happened other then describing what I saw.

So I never went to get a police report back then and now I need to get the bumper fixed. Has anyone tried just going to the Khatim police station and issuing a report after the fact. What are my options? Is there an easier way? I have free time tomorrow so I was going to go try and resolve this.

Thanks.

Brian

Bassam
Advanced
Advanced

Re: HELP on Police Report

Post by Bassam »

Hello ldaho.. Police got nothing to do with accident reports.
U'v just to go to a small dune witch enters road in Alkhatim.. hit it slowly... then call 999 inform them your location with a description of accident. They'll send u SAED in 30 minutes to issue the legal accident report then u r able to repair ur car.
Bassam

Idaho
Advanced
Advanced

HELP on Police Report

Post by Idaho »

Ha ha, do I have to actually hit something or can they report it as happening in the past?

I feel so stupid explaining something in one place that happens somewhere else....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ray1
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ray1 »

Better to take your wife's car to the ADNoc after Delma Mall before the Tarif exit - there's a kiosk office there that issues Noc forms to confirm car wasn't in a traffic accident and gives permission for repair. You just need car registration and AED 50, drive through and let the guy look at your car, took me 5 mins..
Ray

Pajero DiD, 0551868100

Idaho
Advanced
Advanced

HELP on Police Report

Post by Idaho »

Ray1 wrote:Better to take your wife's car to the ADNoc after Delma Mall before the Tarif exit - there's a kiosk office there that issues Noc forms to confirm car wasn't in a traffic accident and gives permission for repair. You just need car registration and AED 50, drive through and let the guy look at your car, took me 5 mins..

Thanks Ray1, I'll try that first.

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

My question is do you have off-road insurance on your wife's car ??

If yes then it work if not then they will give you a report to allow you. To fix the bumpers.

Even if you have an off-road insurance, to get an accident report that is valid with insurance. You must call from al khatim near a dune....

Good luck

:mrgreen:
Gladiator
-------------------------------

NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF
WALK AWAY WHEN REQUIRED

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

HELP on Police Report

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Allow me to add my experience. We had a incident over in Umm Al oush.

We called the police and they asked us to come to Khatim. Post giving the report Saeed asked if we had any thing else to report. My car had a bumper damage from previous drives. I showed it to him. He asked me to park it by the wall opp the pumps and took a pic such that it seemed it was in the sand. Saeed there is very helpful and knows what we need. Try it out. Won't be disappointed.

Mosalf 0566161157
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D