FJ Cruiser Xtreme - Real deal or waste of money?

Chit Chat about general subjects.
scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

Yehia wrote:4 door jeep will cost less than 155k and without any modification will be great on sand and under an agent who is marketing the car for off roading and supporting our club.
Above is my personal opinion and hopefully no one will turn this topic to a war against Jeeps.
Good luck whatever your choice is.
Agree. If you are looking at the jeeps all will be under your 155. Typically 2dr is good for 2 + equipment, not too comfy in the dunes in the back seat. Sahara and sport are both very powerful and capable. Jk has 60l tank while JKU has 90l tank. Rubicon is top of line and only one with lockers. After market can be fitted but costs more than to have as the model of car. Yes FJ is more comfortable but visibility is below jk's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

scotchyl wrote:
Yehia wrote:4 door jeep will cost less than 155k and without any modification will be great on sand and under an agent who is marketing the car for off roading and supporting our club.
Above is my personal opinion and hopefully no one will turn this topic to a war against Jeeps.
Good luck whatever your choice is.
Agree. If you are looking at the jeeps all will be under your 155. Typically 2dr is good for 2 + equipment, not too comfy in the dunes in the back seat. Sahara and sport are both very powerful and capable. Jk has 60l tank while JKU has 90l tank. Rubicon is top of line and only one with lockers. After market can be fitted but costs more than to have as the model of car. Yes FJ is more comfortable but visibility is below jk's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agree with scotchyl, however that is soon overcome by instinct and regular driving.

I know ppl driving the FJ extreme are very happy with it. Again I agree with Denise and BuShahid both extremely capable FJ drivers who have been driving stock for a long time.

The FJ stock is most capable vehicle. I recommend you purchase the midrange which is at 134k had crawl control (you heard it right - crawl control like the Land cruiser) navigation on road and offroad and it's own built in compressor. Change the skid plate and drive stock till you are used to it and have enough experience gained that you can lift it 2" and go to a all new level.

A superior vehicle in all aspects with both on road and offroad comfort and not as many break downs as other makes in the same category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

BAHA
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BAHA »

Good car. Yes
Waste of money. Yes

Don't want to say

... Good waste of money...:)

But I can say, can get better specs and features for much less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youth at the prow, pleasure at the helm
Trip count: Who cares!

Dune Rider
Marshal
Marshal

Re: FJ Cruiser Xtreme - Real deal or waste of money?

Post by Dune Rider »

Good Morning ,,
go for a vtc and have peace of mind,
NISSAN VTC SWB 2015 & NISSAN VTC LWB 2016

omair
Advanced
Advanced

Post by omair »

Dune Rider wrote:Good Morning ,,
Hala bu Nasser, vtc manual or automatic ? :) :)

I am going to follow your advice

Denise
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Denise »

omair wrote:
Dune Rider wrote:Good Morning ,,
Hala bu Nasser, vtc manual or automatic ? :) :)

I am going to follow your advice
Omair, go for it and i am in for a test drive :D

Dune Rider
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Dune Rider »

i drive automatic , but both r ok
automatic is more forgiving , in case of any mistake in gear shifting
NISSAN VTC SWB 2015 & NISSAN VTC LWB 2016

Escape
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Escape »

Thanks for all the great replies.

To summarise, would I be correct in saying that the FJ standard is good, but the FJ Xtreme is better, however there is a question mark on the value for money with the xtreme?

Aslo, the 2015 FJ Xtreme does come with A-Trac and Crawl Control. Not sure if this changes anyone's opinion.

It also sounds like it gives a nicer ride and is possibly more reliable than the jeeps?

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Aearles wrote:Thanks for all the great replies.

To summarise, would I be correct in saying that the FJ standard is good, but the FJ Xtreme is better, however there is a question mark on the value for money with the xtreme? Correct. The base model is capable of the same as the extreme, and you can later on modify it to extreme or better standards.

Aslo, the 2015 FJ Xtreme does come with A-Trac and Crawl Control. Not sure if this changes anyone's opinion. So do the base models, so why spend additional 20-25K. Spend that money on a skid instead..PM me if you need to know where to purchase the skid from.

It also sounds like it gives a nicer ride and is possibly more reliable than the jeeps?
- I am no jeep expert but from what I have observed and read in a lot of forums, I conclude that Jeeps are extremely durable vehicles when kept stock...but who likes the look of a stock jeep as against a 2-3" lifted Jeep with Cooper STT Discoverer Tires 35" and bushwacker flares...However, opinion from these forums is that once you change jeeps from their stock design, issues start cropping up. Again, all jeep experts here are invited to confirm or negate this opinion.

Further, observation is that today Jeep provides a great warranty on all parts upto 3 years from manufacturer and remaining two years from the local Abu Dhabi dealer (please get this verified). This brings the vehicle on par with other vehicles because you can get parts replaced provided you prove you did not modify the car. Moreover you can modify the jeeps with the dealer so warranty can be retained.

To beat this, I suppose Al Futtaim launched the Extreme. Hopefull you get the point now.
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D