Dubai - group trip for out of town newbies?

Chit Chat about general subjects.
TomL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by TomL »

It's some time since I posted to AD4x4, as I sadly left the UAE a few years ago. Great to see everything still humming.
I will be in Dubai for a conference with some colleagues in May, and would like to give them a taste of offroad driving. So I'm looking for suggestions of a company that might provide vehicles, instruction and recovery equipment for a group of about 6 vehicles.
I've heard some good things about OffRoad Zone. Any views on ORZ, or any other suggestions?
Thank you!
Tom

Ray1
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ray1 »

I've looked around for companies offering self drive vehicles for offroad use, with or without instruction and never found any that would provide what you're looking for - more realistic for a similar experience would be renting buggy/quads/mx bikes, look up mxdubai (I think?). They rent ktm dirt bikes with a guide but maybe they could arrange 2 or 4 seater buggies as well.

I guess it'll be quite hot in May though without 4x4 AC..
Ray

Pajero DiD, 0551868100

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Dubai - group trip for out of town newbies?

Post by Gladiator »

6 passengers can be in our cars.. for a real ad4x4 fun :D

you handle the BBQ we handle the drive :D

:mrgreen:
Gladiator
-------------------------------

NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF
WALK AWAY WHEN REQUIRED

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Hi Tom glad to see u r doing well, whats your plan do they want to drive themselves using rent a 4x4, or by our cars
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

TomL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by TomL »

Thanks so much, Gladiator and Bulldozer - I wanted to give these guys the opportunity to get behind the wheel themselves!

Snappy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Snappy »

There is a company doing this in Oman if you have time to get there? Called The Guide Oman. Very professional. They have fb page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mob: 0552899973

Current Wheels:

JKU Sahara 2014, 2.5" Mopar lift with Fox shocks, 1.18" wheel spacers, Sumo Springs Bump stops front and back, 285 x 70 x 17 Cooper AT3 tyres, 10th Anniversary Rubicon front bumper, truck lite LED head lights, LED spots and light bar, reinforced front Axle, AEV (Original!) Tyre carrier with 39l jerry can, Bestop Trex Top NX, mounted ARB single compressor and adorned with my lovely Warn 9.5CTi winch !

[/u][/color]

Kalahari
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kalahari »

Off road zone have started a self drive option, I often see their vehicles driving around Dubai and passed a convoy of them on the way to Big Red and Al Badayer a few weeks back.

I have no idea how professional their drives are or what their instructors/ trip leaders are like.

The vehicles are all JK and JKU, some have external bars to fit roof top tents on and are all branded Self Drive. All have 2.5 lift lit and modified front bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Andrew
056 264 0635
JK