Silverado Crew Cab 2015 modification Advice.

Chit Chat about general subjects.
Somark76

Silverado Crew Cab 2015 modification Advice.

Post by Somark76 »

Hi All,

Appreciate your advice on how to desert proof my truck. The 5.3 L V8 engine seems to be super-efficient and relaxed BUT the obvious problems are the length and height of the truck..

• In the first 2 trips the front plastic lip was removed.
• The factory plastic skid plate has a small hole in it and might not last in a slightly more challenging tracks (other than the newbies).

If anyone can advise on workshops name/location (preferably in Abu Dhabi) , what should be my 1st modification priority and the expected cost please share your experience with me.

Somar

Ray1
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ray1 »

Hi Somar, you can try ramy4x4 in Mussafah (on googlemaps) for a levelling kit to give a bit more clearance; also a skid plate, seem to be more readily available in dubai (icon autos in Al quoz is one example) or look online for Black Scorpion in mussafah.

In my opinion those are 2 things you could do first to protect the truck without spending too much money - later you can determine yourself if you need to do anything else, tyres, full suspension kit, etc.

Have fun :) might be a good idea to check with your agency in case warranty is affected by any modifications..
Ray

Pajero DiD, 0551868100

Somark76

Re: Silverado Crew Cab 2015 modification Advice.

Post by Somark76 »

Thx Ray, appreciate the tip.