What do you say for jeep gran cherokee for desert

Chit Chat about general subjects.
senol
Advanced
Advanced

What do you say for jeep gran cherokee for desert

Post by senol »

Friend of mine wants to buy car for desert up to 40k
Is grand cherokee 2009 5.7 hemi quadra track 2 is ok ?
Thanks.
LET'S HAVE SOME FUN

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Re: What do you say for jeep gran cherokee for desert

Post by Gladiator »

Garn Cherokee is a good car but has to be modified..

for this look at this car

http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21788

excellent car for the money... I know the car very good clean car

:mrgreen:
Gladiator
-------------------------------

NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF
WALK AWAY WHEN REQUIRED

senol
Advanced
Advanced

Post by senol »

Thankyou Gladiator
LET'S HAVE SOME FUN

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

more reading here... http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18812

the 2009 GC is not the best for desert driving... Heavier, less powerfull, longer, not as much clearance, and radiator lower on the front...

go for older one, no hesitation, and only for Overland with High output engine... like mine which is for sale :twisted: :lol:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Ray1
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ray1 »

I agree the older model is more suitable and less plastic! I had a 2001 model with some basic mods and it did very well and lots of fun, in winter at least :)

If offroad is a priority (not just once in a while drives) i think the same 40k would be better spent on an older xterra, fortuner or patrol.
Ray

Pajero DiD, 0551868100

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

ray, you will not find a V8 in any other car than a grand cherokee at this price... :twisted: trust me, huge difference... where eve all stock car looses power you just give more throttle with a V8 and keep going... :lol:

Ray1
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ray1 »

Xof wrote:ray, you will not find a V8 in any other car than a grand cherokee at this price... :twisted: trust me, huge difference... where eve all stock car looses power you just give more throttle with a V8 and keep going... :lol:
V8 isn't much use in the workshop ;) but I've seen the story of your car so I'm sure it's an exception and appears to be very well cared for and maintained!
Ray

Pajero DiD, 0551868100

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Ray1 wrote: V8 isn't much use in the workshop ;) but I've seen the story of your car so I'm sure it's an exception and appears to be very well cared for and maintained!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Actually the V8 engine itself is the only hing that does not need workshop visit...

then trust me, and you know it, after 10 years, and with the use we are doing of them, none of the brand is better than another one with regards to maintenance and fix... Actually, i have seen brand new X-Terra spending more time in a workshop than an old TJ... ;) But at least, when you spend only half of your budget in a toy, you still have 50% of your budget to fix it. what i mean is if you spend 40k in a rig, you will have as much maintenance budget in the following year than with a 25k one. So better get the capital saved at the beginning, or buy something older, which you can check a lot of works has been done (but need to see invoices).

Ray1
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ray1 »

Xof wrote:
Ray1 wrote: V8 isn't much use in the workshop ;) but I've seen the story of your car so I'm sure it's an exception and appears to be very well cared for and maintained!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Actually the V8 engine itself is the only hing that does not need workshop visit...

then trust me, and you know it, after 10 years, and with the use we are doing of them, none of the brand is better than another one with regards to maintenance and fix... Actually, i have seen brand new X-Terra spending more time in a workshop than an old TJ... ;) But at least, when you spend only half of your budget in a toy, you still have 50% of your budget to fix it. what i mean is if you spend 40k in a rig, you will have as much maintenance budget in the following year than with a 25k one. So better get the capital saved at the beginning, or buy something older, which you can check a lot of works has been done (but need to see invoices).
Agreed. If we're talking total cost of ownership a 2003 pajero must be hard to beat 8-) (not counting some modifications.. :oops: )
Ray

Pajero DiD, 0551868100