Thread Hijacking

Questions related to the website and IT in general
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Thread Hijacking

Post by iguana »

Thread hijacking started to be very common in our website, some one ask a question, post an idea, announce a trip .... etc etc and I find lots of useless comments quoting each other useless comment and comment on it with another useless comment till we loose the main subject and start talking about useless things ........

This is to inform all the members that all the answers will be viewed, any answer not related to the subject or any useless quote will be highlighted by red color to all the other members ..

I have received lots of complains from the club members that whenever they try to ask about something someone comes and start hijacking his thread ... Therefore, I am requesting all the members to respect the club rules and respect other members threads ...
There is no harm to throw a joke here and there, but there is a harm the joke went longer and longer and longer and we loose the main subject ..

Hope you all understand
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Iguana, couldn,t agree more.thanks. Mal :kingad4x4:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

:iagree:
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

GentleMan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by GentleMan »

Boss, as of we are all aware, the hijacking in ad4sx4 is not done in purpose and as you said it is a joke that adds a sense of humor to the thread but the problem that it gets abused sometimes.

Therefore and to control such a habit without offending anybody, it is highly recommended to do the following -if you may agree- as those steps will respect all members posts, prevent any more hijacking and control the hijacking concerns in a better manner:

1. Wherever there is a hijacking post. (Put a note in red within the post content refers that the post is out of subject).
2. Members have to edit their posts accordingly so it meets the main subject talk.
3. Members who don't follow the above rules, a warning note on hijacking should be issued to them.
4. After the third warning, their abuse should be announced and their rank to be replaced with (Hijacker) word for a period of time.
5. This should be applicable only for those posts which have a quoting on out of subject posts and/or those posts that have no relations with the main thread subject.

Implementing this will give back the chance to the members to think again about their (by mistake) hijacking posts and to edit them accordingly.

Putting forward for your review and consideration with all do respects to all members for a better AD4x4 thread discussions.

:ps: I already deserve some warning notes, as there are some posts signed by me and considered as hijacking. Forwarded for your forgiveness, please :cry: !!!!
Previous Nickname:[TheWhiteWolf]<br>"Ain't no easy horses, but you gotta learn to ride!" <br>Taleb.

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Dear Boss, Megaboss and Overbosses,

Hijacking threats is a part of the website-fun. It gives the spice to the food and belongs to the 1000-years-tradition of the club like the holes in the club t-shirts and the left and rights of the guys following the convoi in the Mussaffah Dunes (even the briefing says NO!).

We are all a sort of Free Minded (for not saying Free Spirits).

Life is serious enough and one of the clubs mottos is "Have Fun".

I agree in not overpacing in Hijacking, but a few lines and comments are very often removing the dust out of the bones...

Please, don't make it to complicated.

Tks

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Thewhite wolf, This will be too complicated and too hard .. I think I will just put a note on all the high jacked threads so people will understand that they always write topics always from the subject.

Jo, I didn't say that the club forum should be all serious, I said a few jokes here and there wouldn't harm, but if the quoting of the joke to say another joke and then quoting both jokes to say a third joke takes us out of the subject .. That's what I am talking about

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Iguana,

.. to keep in the topic: You have a nice, new avatar

:yeppe:

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Well said boss :lol:
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

You Are The Man . . . . . . . !

Post by FearUAE »

Jo wrote:Dear Boss, Megaboss and Overbosses,

Hijacking threats is a part of the website-fun. It gives the spice to the food and belongs to the 1000-years-tradition of the club like the holes in the club t-shirts and the left and rights of the guys following the convoi in the Mussaffah Dunes (even the briefing says NO!).

We are all a sort of Free Minded (for not saying Free Spirits).

Life is serious enough and one of the clubs mottos is "Have Fun".

I agree in not overpacing in Hijacking, but a few lines and comments are very often removing the dust out of the bones...

Please, don't make it to complicated.

Tks

1 Million Dunes I agree with you . . . . . . . . .Guys: listen to him. LOGIC

FreeSpirit
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by FreeSpirit »

WOW Iguana now you really sound like a boss :roll: :roll: I'm sure you will be obeyed after this one!!
NO LIMITS

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

FreeSpirit wrote:WOW Iguana now you really sound like a boss :roll: :roll: I'm sure you will be obeyed after this one!!
Guess what? Bulldozer is still qouting, commenting and hijaking all the threads ....