Hot season is coming .. Any ideas?

Questions related to the website and IT in general
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Hot season is coming .. Any ideas?

Post by iguana »

Now as the summer is approaching. We should be prepared .. Last year we were going offroading everyweekend as usual, little number of cars going very early morning (6 a.m.) or in the evening (4 p.m.) to easy and relaxing drives ... But this was last year .. we were only 50 members and dreaming of becoming a 100 member club ...

Today (15 April), we are 419 members ... so things have changed .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am suggesting more beach trips (Me and my family enjoyed last week trip) .. Does any body know a nice beach?

Mountain camping will be also nice, I think the weather in the mountains will be so nice these days

Salala is something that we have to do in July ... Mpenzi this is your area of trips I think ... lets arrange it from now

Do you want us to arrange a trip abroad? No offroading, just a tourist trip as a group where we can get a good discount?

I think by now we have made the best group of fun and adventure lovers in UAE ... So lets use this group to enjoy the summer ..

I am going to Egypt in Aug. I live in Alexandria and I will spend one week in Sharm Al Shaikh .. Anybody want to join is most welcome

Any other suggestions?
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

We'll be doing lots of nightdrives mostly, and also the early birds and sunshine trips. but i am also going to Jordan in July and i've already prepared an offroad trip that goes around Wadi Araba. Also anyone is welcome to join. and yes i am shipping my Scorpion with me too :mrgreen:
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

I am with beach trips but I do not know if camping trips will be o.k because it was hot in Khassab last week end.
I will be in Cairo between 25 May and 05 July ,will spend a week in Marsa Matrouh (North Coast) .Any one planing to visit Egypt during this period
my contact is 002012 3135764

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

megamoe wrote:We'll be doing lots of nightdrives mostly, and also the early birds and sunshine trips. but i am also going to Jordan in July and i've already prepared an offroad trip that goes around Wadi Araba. Also anyone is welcome to join. and yes i am shipping my Scorpion with me too :mrgreen:
Shipping ????? why not driving , it is only 2600. KM to Aqaba from here.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

Yehia wrote:
megamoe wrote:We'll be doing lots of nightdrives mostly, and also the early birds and sunshine trips. but i am also going to Jordan in July and i've already prepared an offroad trip that goes around Wadi Araba. Also anyone is welcome to join. and yes i am shipping my Scorpion with me too :mrgreen:
Shipping ????? why not driving , it is only 2600. KM to Aqaba from here.
in a Wrangler 8O :nono: unless u want to try how good are doctors in Jordan.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

I guess also we will have more night drives :jeep:
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Iguana when r u going to Sharm al sheikh, I will be in Jordan from middle of July till end of AUG so I might join Megamoe trip also as am shipping the Pajero & planning to go to Egypt also what i need just the dates of the trips

For here we can continue with early morning trips end up in the Beach to chill out & night drives
Last edited by Bulldozer on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

there is a good chance i might join moa for the jordan trip. shoud be fun for sure.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

For those who will be staying here we may plan two or more trips to Oman
Turtle beach and Jabel Akhader.
Beach trips would be nice
Mountain and camping trips are not advisablem May be Khasab again but with a Hotel bookings.

I have just bought Oman Off-road book so prepare for more trips next winter
AND by the way my project car will be completed and i will give it a test run on one of these night drives.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

We would join in any beach trips, but have to rely on local advice for locations. A guy at work tells me there is a good beach at Al Jazeera resort beside Ghantoot, but he is not sure if this is public or belongs to the hotel? My wife is giving me a seriously hard time asking if I know of anyone who can take her out on a jet ski :hit: as she has never been on one, so if there is anyone out there who can join in a beach trip and bring a jet ski for her to play on ( behind the driver she says) that would be great, who knows, everyone with a jet ski bring one and loads of people have fun. :ad4x4:
Another thought could be Al Ain, we could make a block booking at Jebel Hafeet Hotel or I am told there are some chalets? in an area at the bottom of the mountain good for the kids.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Jabel Khafeet sound interesting. I dont know what are the room rates.

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Mpenzi/Iguana if we can wait till next week when my work partner who is based in Al Ain returns from his hols I will ask him to get us a good deal there or even the Intercontinental where he has contacts, but it would be better if I could give him some ideas of numbers of people/rooms required. I may be able to get us a good deal in Fujeirah at one of the many hotels there, then we could do a Wadi drive en route, let me know. Mal ( soon to have a Mopar Cat Back). Worried about night drives as that obviously means more lights!!!! :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

That would be nice.
Whatever in your plan I am in.

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

I have some small Rooflights now, :twisted: so the Red one is ready for Night Drives. :D
Image <br><br>Image<br>

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Bulldozer wrote:Iguana when r u going to Sharm al sheikh, I will be in Jordan from middle of July till end of AUG so I might join Megamoe trip also as am shipping the Pajero & planning to go to Egypt also what i need just the dates of the trips

For here we can continue with early morning trips & night drives + Beach
Saeid, King of Jordan usualy come to Sharm El Sheikh in his boat from Jordan & park it infront of the 4 seasons, why don't you join him & lets all meet in Sharm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always go to Sharm El Sheikh in August for the past 10 years for Diving, I'm IN 8) 8)
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek: