Garmin GPSMAP 276C

Questions related to the website and IT in general
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Re: The Trip....!

Post by iguana »

FearUAE wrote:iquana, my dear, how about a trip on the kornish, will it do the job for the time being........!
Corniche trip???? you are asking for ********** from your first trip? this is the most difficult one man. :lol: :lol: You need to finish all the upgrades first
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

You are A NICE man............!

Post by FearUAE »

dear iquana, the easiest way to get me to the desert is that you & khaiwi tie me up one day while I am working in my station in the office and drive me directly to AL-Yahar/Al-Ain........couple of jumbs in your jeep, then beaten a little bit by Al-Yahar people, then drive safely back to Abu Dhabi......but dont forget the lunch & stickers please.............!!!

BTW, dont listen to surfer, I am woried that if I drive once with you guys, you will consider me as an EXPERT and ask me to be permenant there...this is why I dont want to do it that fast......!

Anyway, yesterday i was actually in desert & first time trying the jeep with inflated tires, It went just fine, its too light like a big bike.........I am upgrading the drive smoothly waitng for the mod's.

Thank guys for your time........!

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

Abo Omar wrote:
surfer wrote:I dont want to use the screws either, will the two faced adhesive hold ? anyway, i ordered the glass holder online, its on the way.
I think that's the best way to do it dude...

but i still want to see how this holder will look like...
I did the same, but on the right side, i'll take a picture once i bring the car from ben sulayem workshop and i'll post it.
The jeeper is back.

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

I noticed that the trip computer on the 276c always gives me the current speed 10 km less than the car oddometer, do i have to calibrate it ?
The jeeper is back.

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

No No No. No need. . . . !

Post by FearUAE »

It is faulty & need to be thrown away, it has a serios fatal virus, not good to your health & muscle man........the best thing is to give it tonigh to my brother so he can bring it to me to fix it & use it in my car....hahhahaahahahha . . . . !

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

No surfer, you have to calibrate you car odometer. If you have changed your tires to ones which are bigger than stock, the odometer reads wrongly. The GPS speed is the corrcet one.

In Jeep there is a calibration kit for lifted cars and bigger tires. Don't know how is it in Patrols.

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

iguana wrote:No surfer, you have to calibrate you car odometer. If you have changed your tires to ones which are bigger than stock, the odometer reads wrongly. The GPS speed is the corrcet one.

In Jeep there is a calibration kit for lifted cars and bigger tires. Don't know how is it in Patrols.
The problem is that the tyres are stock size :D so no need for calibration.
The jeeper is back.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Then it's either your car or the GPS. If it's the car, give it to Fearuae, if it's the GPS then give to to Fearuae. :lol: :lol:

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

Abo Omar,
I had it mounted on the dashboard as you recommended.

The jeeper is back.

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

It looks nice man ,,, mabrook
But that s not a Wrangler ,,, i always thaught u had one :oops: :oops:
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

100 % right......!

Post by FearUAE »

heey surfer, i agree with my friend iquana (el-3asaby) 100 %, you should get rid of the garmin you are having since it is not calibrated and throw it in my car, it is useless & ugly & not working & ...............................etc......... so need for it. . . . . . !

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

surfer wrote:
iguana wrote:No surfer, you have to calibrate you car odometer. If you have changed your tires to ones which are bigger than stock, the odometer reads wrongly. The GPS speed is the corrcet one.

The problem is that the tyres are stock size :D so no need for calibration.
True, the car odometer is in fact about 10km higher than the actual speed in most if not all the cars. Test your GPS in several cars and see the differenece.

This is made intentionally for some reason related to drivers crossing the speed limit and suing the car manufacturers for lower speed reading in the car.

After upgrading the R&P ratio and slamming 33" tires, I changed the odometer gear teeth to the new size as per the "manual" however it reads about 10km/h higher than the GPS :roll: :roll:

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

Abo Omar wrote:It looks nice man ,,, mabrook
But that s not a Wrangler ,,, i always thaught u had one :oops: :oops:
Check out my signature, i have a patrol. I used to have a wrangler from 99 till 2003, i sold when i bought the patrol, i needed a bigger car. The wrangler i have now is model car that my son took from me and broke its tyre :(

I ordered glass mounting holder in order to use it in my other car, also i ordered the mounting for the bike. I'll post the pictures once i get them.
The jeeper is back.

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Re: 100 % right......!

Post by surfer »

FearUAE wrote:heey surfer, i agree with my friend iquana (el-3asaby) 100 %, you should get rid of the garmin you are having since it is not calibrated and throw it in my car, it is useless & ugly & not working & ...............................etc......... so need for it. . . . . . !
no way man, its getting better now, previously it used to give me the current speed 10 km less than the car, now it became 5 km, im not sure whats happening, but its getting better.
The jeeper is back.

bukhamis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by bukhamis »

surfer wrote:I've seen that, i have the gps in my patrol but i did'nt like using the voice directions.
Let me guess, its a man's voice.
surfer wrote:I found out that they have a unit which interfaces to with the touch screen kenwood media centre in my other car
Media center :D . Let's us put on our cool shades, roll down the windows, cruise at 20 km/h and say together: Kris Kross will make ya, jump jump, aha aha. 8O, Oops, I meant to say put on mutawa3 songs.
BuKhamis