Good site needed please

Questions related to the website and IT in general
Jax

Good site needed please

Post by Jax »

Santa bought me a new ipod for Christmas (think he heard about the CD player in my olllllllo going on the blink again :wink: )

So I go to i-tunes store to get some sounds and there is nothing in the uae store to download - everything is for i-touch and i-phone.

If anyone knows of a decent site that can be used here and accepts credit cards from here (most of them only seem to accept US and European $$££) please can you pm me the link (this is a public site so please don't post here :wink:)
I would prefer one where I have to pay - I'm wary of freebie P2P sites such as Limewire etc...

Zero_adam

What i do with my Ipod ?

Post by Zero_adam »

Dear Jax,

What i do with my Ipod is:

1- Download any Arabic song from website (fined your English songs from the net )to my hard drive.

2- Convert this song file into MP3 file by WMA to MP3 converting software (there are many of them in the net just Google it and type WMA to MP3 converter )download and install then start converting.

3- Open iTunes software (probably come with Ipod CDs included or you can download it from apple website).

4- Drag and drop the MP3 file in the iTunes while the Ipod is connected to the PC.

5- Update the Ipod by clicking on the update ipod in the file drop down menu .

I know it is too much work to do but this is the only alternative

Regards

halwa

Post by halwa »

Jax, why dont you download all your songs on Limewire - its free and then just transfer them to your ipod. :D

Sukilala

Post by Sukilala »

limewire is a good site or save time and $$$ and copy our cds onto your ipod,

Lionbar

Post by Lionbar »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Something jumps to mind a bit like a bunch of Somalis armed with AK47s in a small speed boat trying to greet a bigger container ship :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes as previously stated Limewire is good, but soooo much to choose from :wink:

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Arrrr, :twisted: We just love guns...

The music industry made enough money over the years and still do. Its time they paid the piper.

Personally, I prefer the bittorrent network using Utorrent. Much faster and the search results are more accurate. And more importantly recent releases echo on its network faster than Limewire's network (Gnutella).

Shareaza is another option which connect to four networks, including Gnutella and Bittorrent.

But then again... most of this is illegal... and we do not break the law... do we? :lol:
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

Karkar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Karkar »

Oh No ... of course we don't , that would be a shame :mrgreen:

I am using limewire :twisted:
Hated by many , Loved by few , Respected by all
Salute & Hats off for the ruff off-roaders

TJ 2002 Lightly Modified :mrgreen:
JK 2014 that wanna be a 10th anniversary rubicon :twisted:
No More Cats , Dogs or Birds ....... I have a wife and a kid now :roll:

kghaleb
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kghaleb »

Limewire, but be very careful lately it is full of spyware and viruses..
there are a few common ones that keep appearing in every search results, with different names, but the latest viruses have the following file size ( do not download them )
3462 KB
5611 KB
3433 KB
3787 KB

and they always appear on top of the list...

have fun...

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Thats why I like BitTorrent network... Your search is handled by catalog websites which are run by humans/fans. which means nasty stuff is spotted and removed very quickly... within minutes of the first complaints... Another Bonus is that you can read other users reviews/comments before you download.

On the other hand... Searches made from within the P2P program itself (LimeWire, Emule) means you're getting result from other users directly without any checks... even if you find viruses/Trojans... most don't bother reporting it... even if you report it, you are unable to remove it from the search result because other are sharing out the same infected files... which means more and more people get infected and pass it onto others...
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

BouJebba
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BouJebba »

What about some legal and free music, have a look at jhttp://www.jamendo.com you may rediscover what music is really about, sharing feelings and ideas, not just money making ;)

Ali
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ali »

G-man wrote:Thats why I like BitTorrent network... Your search is handled by catalog websites which are run by humans/fans. which means nasty stuff is spotted and removed very quickly... within minutes of the first complaints... Another Bonus is that you can read other users reviews/comments before you download.

On the other hand... Searches made from within the P2P program itself (LimeWire, Emule) means you're getting result from other users directly without any checks... even if you find viruses/Trojans... most don't bother reporting it... even if you report it, you are unable to remove it from the search result because other are sharing out the same infected files... which means more and more people get infected and pass it onto others...
I agree with G-man torrent network is the the best

first download and install torrent client

www.utorrent.com

then the torrent website to search for (songs,videos,games,..)

www.mininova.com

racha

Post by racha »

<br>"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

Jax

Post by Jax »

Thank you all for your website suggestions and offers to download from your ipod/cd collections - really appreciated :thankyou:

For the reasons G-man, Blackevil and kghaleb point out, I stay clear of Limewire, but I'll take a look at some of the others --- I'm currently trying out the mininova site.

If anyone does comes across a legit site where I can purchase-to-download (and it works here in the uae) I'd be glad to know of it :wink:

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Hi Jax,

Itunes works here, you need to change the store to your home country though when you are on vacation or ask a friend to register there with your email address. I can download from the German store, no problem.

Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Jax

Post by Jax »

mike0967 wrote:Hi Jax,

Itunes works here, you need to change the store to your home country though when you are on vacation or ask a friend to register there with your email address. I can download from the German store, no problem.

Mike
:D :D :D Thanks Mike - that's great to know! :D :D :D