Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

What do you think of the new website?

Post by Hani AMJ »

Your votes will remain completely anonymous. even to the administrator

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Re: What do you think of the new website?

Post by maddog »

Firstly, to Antrax, the management and all the movers and shakers behind the scenes who have delivered the new improved website - well done and a big thank you. I can't begin to imagine what was involved in producing this, but I'm sure it was significant. Good job guys.

Now as the website is new, some observations if I may. Please take them as constructive criticism, maybe no one else agrees, but my opinion anyway.

- I've noticed, when you open a thread, its a bit hard to tell between one post and another. There is only a different shade of grey to delineate posts, and with signatures etc, its not so obvious. A line or a break point or something similar perhaps?

- The Avatars/members details ets are on the right of the post. The text of the post starts from the left, but the details are on the right. It doesn't seem to flow and breaks with the convention of the remainder of the site.

- the threads in a folder aren't in chronological order, ie the most recent post are part way down (maybe this one is a problem with migrating the files accross from the old site, I dunno)

Anybody have opinions on the above?
Other than that, I think its great! (I voted not bad for the above reasons)
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

maddog wrote:Firstly, to Antrax, the management and all the movers and shakers behind the scenes who have delivered the new improved website - well done and a big thank you. I can't begin to imagine what was involved in producing this, but I'm sure it was significant. Good job guys.

Now as the website is new, some observations if I may. Please take them as constructive criticism, maybe no one else agrees, but my opinion anyway.

- I've noticed, when you open a thread, its a bit hard to tell between one post and another. There is only a different shade of grey to delineate posts, and with signatures etc, its not so obvious. A line or a break point or something similar perhaps?

I agree with you 100% percent - i'm currently working on improving this flaw

- The Avatars/members details ets are on the right of the post. The text of the post starts from the left, but the details are on the right. It doesn't seem to flow and breaks with the convention of the remainder of the site.

For our website i'm using PHPBB3 source code, by default the design of the avatar and the post info block is to the right. theoretically, i should be able to locate the code and modify accordingly.

- the threads in a folder aren't in chronological order, ie the most recent post are part way down (maybe this one is a problem with migrating the files accross from the old site, I dunno)

The arrangement is as follows:
Fist block: announcements
Second block: Stickies first then they are followed by posts. look in the icon of the topic to tell the difference.

Anybody have opinions on the above?
Other than that, I think its great! (I voted not bad for the above reasons)
Thank you for your feed back, i really appreciate it :mrgreen:

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

thanks for the reply Antrax.
The arrangement is as follows:
Fist block: announcements
Second block: Stickies first then they are followed by posts. look in the icon of the topic to tell the difference.
DOH!!! Didnt pick that up! :oops:
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

I love it. Well done to Antrax And The Gang. Its easier to read and use, looks and feels sharper, much better graphics, love the streaming vids :twisted:, and all the other added options and facilities are just a bonus. Every time I log on I discover new this or that. My foe list is getting really long now... just kidding. :P

Don't mess around with a good thing Antrax. Avatars are best on the wright hand side. Reading the text has priority. And the name of person posting is clearly visible on the second line of each post. And just in case somebody decides to use a huge avatar again, I don't have to scroll to read.

Just like any new release of something, You must get used to it and get on with it.
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Sooo much better with one post grey and one post black (instead of two greys; or one grey and one pink...).

Avatar on the right, i thought it was because we are in arabic country... start to read from left to right... :lol:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Sukilala

Post by Sukilala »

the site is great in many aways,

the only problem i do have, is finding the new posts, a flashing icon is not the best in my eyes , i like the way it was before with the font being white when a new post was done, easier to read and find,

otherwise guys you have done an awesome job and it is great to have the site back up and running,
and the members of the club should take u for a night out as a thankyou
:ad4x4:

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Thanks Antrax and whom ever did work to get the site back, amazing work excellent website more options, thanks a millions.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Fox »

I find the new website MUCH better than the old one, easier to read on the screen, easier to find topics. Thank you to all who worked hard on this, for the new presentation !

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

Sukilala wrote:the site is great in many aways,

the only problem i do have, is finding the new posts, a flashing icon is not the best in my eyes , i like the way it was before with the font being white when a new post was done, easier to read and find,

otherwise guys you have done an awesome job and it is great to have the site back up and running,
and the members of the club should take u for a night out as a thankyou
:ad4x4:
Sukilala you have a link on the home page under you avatar called 'View new posts' in the user menu. clicking it will display all new post from the last time you have visited the website. (in the case you are all ready loged in)

guys while reading posts press the space bar and the page will auto scroll to the next post ;)

nuclear
Advanced
Advanced

Post by nuclear »

Great job done here .. well done antrax..

a small issues I want to ask

Where is the shoot box. It is not shown in the main page

regards
ANTI JEEP
:-)  Very Happy to be AD4x4 member :-)
The Journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt & a leaky tire ;)

Mero
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mero »

Hani, well done ya basha.

Small issue only, i think the search engine is not working, i tried many times with deferent words and i always receive a message saying "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words"...etc.

thanks

Mero
___oooo__
[l_,o[____]o,
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)=0=)_)

BONS AND SKULL 2001 (TJ 2001)

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

Mero wrote:Hani, well done ya basha.

Small issue only, i think the search engine is not working, i tried many times with deferent words and i always receive a message saying "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words"...etc.

thanks

Mero
yes that is true. i just need to rebuild the whole search index of the new forum. it requires time and allot of processing power. i will get to it when i have the time as there are incomplete sections of the websites that require more attention :D

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

I wonder how 2 could vote Rubbish, to critisize something OK, but to judge the complete website Rubbish :roll:
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...