Intel Pentium or Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)

Questions related to the website and IT in general

Inter Pentium or Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)??

Poll ended at Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:35 pm

Inter Pentium
71%
Advance Micro Devices (AMD)
29%

Total votes: 7

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Intel Pentium or Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)

Post by desertfalc0n »

I was planning on buying myself a gaming PC and thought Id put up a poll for AMD or Intel.
As we have alot of Computer wizzess in the esteem club, I thought I would get an idea on what to pick up.

Regards & Thanks in advance.
Abdel Samad Ali 050-4771400 -(O||||||O)- Wrangler TJ '05 Sahara /~~\ Lifted Ed.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

some games are built on the I/O of intel, u might get lots of errors if u do it on AMD. specially that u're saying it for gaming.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Inter Pentium or Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)

Post by XJ »

desertfalc0n wrote:I was planning on buying myself a gaming PC and thought Id put up a poll for AMD or Intel.
As we have alot of Computer wizzess in the esteem club, I thought I would get an idea on what to pick up.

Regards & Thanks in advance.
AMD processors had few issue long time ago, i am not sure about new technology, but it is me i will go with Intel with no doubts.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

AMD is catching up so fast and doing much better than Intel, check for Dual-core technology write ups on the net. Even relibale servers are now built around AMD processors. Sun Microsystems are now selling Windows based servers based on AMD platforms.

That was on the highend level, now coming down to earth, a friend at work has gone through the market/technology study and ended up buying AMD based home PC.

Hope I have answered you......
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

Dear Khaiwi chief, was gonna write the same what you have mentioned, but was waiting for a few more polls to come through. AMD had a big time compatiability issue but that was around 99-2000, but as you have pointed around, this is slowing dying off. I have been a hardcore AMD user myself and have used an AMD Duron and than an Athlon Processor which is running very well.. Infact I did a part time promotion for AMD while I was in college and since than have not really moved to Intel, never got convinced enough...

The dual core is surely an amazing technology, and the only issue with this growing tech, is I bought my graphics AGP card for 850 Dhs, and now I cannot use it on the new mother boards are using ATI cards, so now I have to buy another one...

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

desertfalc0n wrote:Dear Khaiwi chief, was gonna write the same what you have mentioned, but was waiting for a few more polls to come through. AMD had a big time compatiability issue but that was around 99-2000, but as you have pointed around, this is slowing dying off. I have been a hardcore AMD user myself and have used an AMD Duron and than an Athlon Processor which is running very well.. Infact I did a part time promotion for AMD while I was in college and since than have not really moved to Intel, never got convinced enough...

The dual core is surely an amazing technology, and the only issue with this growing tech, is I bought my graphics AGP card for 850 Dhs, and now I cannot use it on the new mother boards are using ATI cards, so now I have to buy another one...
if u're going to use for "gaming" no for AMD, all emulation programs such as ps2pc and emu 2.0 and other VR 3rd games patches wont work on AMD unless its stated. 8)
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Chevy Silverado Z71

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

i would go for AMD Athlon™ 64 FX -74 processor (Socket F (1207FX))
& ASUS motherboard Model: L1N64-SLI WS with the NVIDIA nForce 680a SLI chipset.

SUPER GAMERS PC

but what is your MAX budget??? would make is easier for me to pick the components for you..

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

anTrax wrote:i would go for AMD Athlon™ 64 FX -74 processor (Socket F (1207FX))
& ASUS motherboard Model: L1N64-SLI WS with the NVIDIA nForce 680a SLI chipset.

SUPER GAMERS PC

but what is your MAX budget??? would make is easier for me to pick the components for you..
this is a very good combination, cause the nVIDIA nForce builtin graphics processor will definitly add the value to the AMD processor when it comes to games, if you're not planning to run any emulated games (ps2 on pc, sega on pc etc) then this is the best choice.
Chevy Silverado Z71

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

Hey Mega & Antrax, thanks for the feedback.

Megamoe no I will not be using emulated games on my PC, but I will defenitly keep this in mind...

Antrax budget if alienware could deliver here, I was almost gnna take a system costing 30K, but surely through the bank lol ;),,

but my current budget, is trying to not max 10k.

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

AMD Athlon™ 64 FX -74 (Socket F (1207FX)) Price: around 2200 DHs
More info/spec: http://www.amd.com/gb-uk/Processors/Pro ... 36,00.html

Asus L1N64-SLI WS with NVIDIA nForce 680a SLI chipset price: around 1500 DHs
More info/spec: http://ae.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l ... odelmenu=2

RAM: the motherboard supports up to 8GB of RAM. Here is a PDF list manufactures that have been tested by AMD for best performance and high reliability.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content ... 2_DIMM.pdf
I would suggest 2GB package from any of the brands in the list. For best performance Make sure the dim speed is 800. price: roughly a 1000 DHs

Graphic card: GeForce 7950 GX2 Price: around 2000
More info/Spec: http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7950.html

Hard Disk: allot of options. Just stay away from Maxtor & western digital. Make sure your choice is SATA hard disk

ATX case: very limited choices for the mother board I suggested. I would recommend a gigabyte ATX case with 450 power supply Around 450 DHs

The rest of the components I leave up to you. Please go through the specs of every part to know the features of this system. For example you can have 2 AMD processors at once and 4 parallel graphic cards connecting 8 monitors or flat screens. Another example is this system could stream 60 min of high resolution video in under 1 Sec. cool huh..

Most of these parts could be found in Khalid Bin Al waleed street in dubai… good luck and give me a call if you need any help

Hani Janem
050 7813221

Dragunov

Post by Dragunov »

desertfalc0n wrote:Hey Mega & Antrax, thanks for the feedback.

Megamoe no I will not be using emulated games on my PC, but I will defenitly keep this in mind...

Antrax budget if alienware could deliver here, I was almost gnna take a system costing 30K, but surely through the bank lol ;),,

but my current budget, is trying to not max 10k.
Hi,

recently built a Core2Duo for a friend of mine...High spec by all means, but under 10K....but forget SLI!

Regards:
Drag
Patrol, what else? <br />Si vis pacem, para bellum!<br />That which does not kill you makes you stronger.<br />

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kareemamr »

anTrax wrote:AMD Athlon™ 64 FX -74 (Socket F (1207FX)) Price: around 2200 DHs
More info/spec: http://www.amd.com/gb-uk/Processors/Pro ... 36,00.html

Asus L1N64-SLI WS with NVIDIA nForce 680a SLI chipset price: around 1500 DHs
More info/spec: http://ae.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l ... odelmenu=2

RAM: the motherboard supports up to 8GB of RAM. Here is a PDF list manufactures that have been tested by AMD for best performance and high reliability.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content ... 2_DIMM.pdf
I would suggest 2GB package from any of the brands in the list. For best performance Make sure the dim speed is 800. price: roughly a 1000 DHs

Graphic card: GeForce 7950 GX2 Price: around 2000
More info/Spec: http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7950.html

Hard Disk: allot of options. Just stay away from Maxtor & western digital. Make sure your choice is SATA hard disk

ATX case: very limited choices for the mother board I suggested. I would recommend a gigabyte ATX case with 450 power supply Around 450 DHs

The rest of the components I leave up to you. Please go through the specs of every part to know the features of this system. For example you can have 2 AMD processors at once and 4 parallel graphic cards connecting 8 monitors or flat screens. Another example is this system could stream 60 min of high resolution video in under 1 Sec. cool huh..

Most of these parts could be found in Khalid Bin Al waleed street in dubai… good luck and give me a call if you need any help

Hani Janem
050 7813221

HANY way to go

Thats the ultiamte gaming machine ...
When the going gets tough , The Tough Gets going

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

For the ultimate gaming machine, check out alienware.com, beleieve me the system reaches like to $10,000 and this actually showss what people can use for gaming...

Anyways,,

I must say thanks alot guys,, it surely is very helpfull...

Dragunov

Post by Dragunov »

desertfalc0n wrote:For the ultimate gaming machine, check out alienware.com, beleieve me the system reaches like to $10,000 and this actually showss what people can use for gaming...

Anyways,,

I must say thanks alot guys,, it surely is very helpfull...

Have seen a top spec alienware in action in a interior-design studio...it's not worth that money
seriously
30% of the price is justified with the support services...my personal experience: any of us can do better than them...
especially at US call-rate
Patrol, what else? <br />Si vis pacem, para bellum!<br />That which does not kill you makes you stronger.<br />