Sharing waypoints and coordinates

Questions related to the website and IT in general
Iron Man

Sharing waypoints and coordinates

Post by Iron Man »

Hi All,
I'm not sure if some one suggested this before but I was thinking if there is a possibility to have a section for GPS way points and coordinates that we can share :?:
I believe this will help the members to share the best areas to camp, rest, nice view, best route or duns :mrgreen:

Just an idea came in to my mind and wanted to share it with u guys :idea:

cheers
Talal
When The Road Ends
The Fun Begins

MarwanJeeper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Sharing waypoints and coordinates

Post by MarwanJeeper »

first Eid mubarak for every one.. :mrgreen:
i think is great idea,,posting few maps and gps cordinator will be helpfull..before winter season...
my self have offroding book from last year and i love it. 8)

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

I don't think it is a good idea guys, the routs that we use are the camping spots are chosen after good exploring and hard work. I don't think that the Marshals will be happy to just announce their routs for public.

The offroad book actually ruined all the nice spots in UAE and these places became busies than Shk. Zayed Road on Thursday evening. You cannot camp there in quite.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Iron Man

Post by Iron Man »

iguana you have a point there and a very good point and I know your trying to save the location which was explored with the effort of the club members
but not any person who drives a 4x4 can get to all the locations
for example take hatta pools they are very crowded in the weekends and public holidays and people has reuind it with there trash, however if you go further South towards Ray you will reach to a flat area which is good place for camping, quite and clean, and not any person with a 4x4 will go to that area.

also the managment can work something like the access to that section depends on the grading of the members, new members and members with few posts can't access it and thats how you can save the information to the loyal members of the club and the public can't access it :wink:

at the end exuse me for taking much of your time its just a though which i wanted to share with you guys

all the best
When The Road Ends
The Fun Begins

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

dear Talal,

Welcome in the Club, and Eid Mubarak.

It is not in the "tradition" of the club to openly share the waypoint and routes saved on GPS. This is the "assets" of AD4x4 who has been driving all over UAE for the more than 3 years (and more than that for some members).

BUT : it is a very strong "tradition" in the club to advise you when you want to go for a lone trip. If you know where you want to go, just ask on the forum, and everybody who has the experience will help you to prepare your trip (and maybe send you a few GPS data on PM).

Finally, the best way for you to get all waypoint access and routes is to join us on our trips. :mrgreen:

cheers
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Iron Man

Post by Iron Man »

Hi xof,
Eid mubarak to you too

as the winter is on the doors and weather is getting better your gonna see me alot on the club trips :mrgreen:

any how thanks for your reply :wink:

Regards
Talal
When The Road Ends
The Fun Begins