Dear webmaster...

Questions related to the website and IT in general
mishmumkin
Advanced
Advanced

Dear webmaster...

Post by mishmumkin »

I've got a couple suggestions for the site layout. They might just be things that catch my eye, so take these suggestions with a grain of salt. I think they could make things more user friendly.

1) When I leave a post, I must actively check the "notify me when a reply is posted" box. Lots of forums tend to make this automatic. I've forgotten a few times to click this, resulting in not seeing the important follow-ups. Perhaps other members are missing relevant comments as a result, too?

2) For posting new trip notifications, perhaps there could be a format to follow for the subject line? When I first came online, I found the site hard to navigate. By creating a format for the subject line, newbies and oldies might find it easier to identify the next trip.
e.g. TRIP 301009 Sweihan: Newbies welcome.
Or something to that effect.

Thoughts? Hope I'm not stepping on toes. I'm just finding the site a bit awkward to navigate. Thanks!

Susan
(who is now clicking "notify me when a reply is posted" so she doesn't miss the follow up) :D

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Dear webmaster...

Post by Xof »

don't worry, you'll get used to it... :mrgreen: :ad4x4:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

Thank you so much for the feed back, i find to be very positive :D

True that most forums have the option of "new post notification" set to default for the users convenience, however, personally i think active members on the forum will dislike this feature. THEREFORE, i added a more convenient feature to the board that will display all the new posts since the last visit in a single click. you don't need to go through every topic section to see what new. you can see it at the home page as displayed below:

(please note as a new user its recommended to click on mark all forums read otherwise this feature will display all the topics you missed from the day the website was founded. (annoying bug I'm trying to fix)
posts.JPG
now if you would like to make "Notify me upon replies" default for your profile its still possible

follow these steps:
1- from your The user control panel ( you will find it on the top right side or you can click here: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/ucp.php
2- click on " Board Preferences the top menu
3 - click on Edit posting defaults on the side menu
4- change "Notify me upon replies by default: " to YES

Done :)

as for the second point i agree with you. we will have a calender soon where trips will be announced 3 month in advance and it will also include google maps and other cool futures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ghanem
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ghanem »

anTrax wrote:Thank you so much for the feed back, i find to be very positive :D

True that most forums have the option of "new post notification" set to default for the users convenience, however, personally i think active members on the forum will dislike this feature. THEREFORE, i added a more convenient feature to the board that will display all the new posts since the last visit in a single click. you don't need to go through every topic section to see what new. you can see it at the home page as displayed below:

(please note as a new user its recommended to click on mark all forums read otherwise this feature will display all the topics you missed from the day the website was founded. (annoying bug I'm trying to fix)
posts.JPG
now if you would like to make "Notify me upon replies" default for your profile its still possible

follow these steps:
1- from your The user control panel ( you will find it on the top right side or you can click here: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/ucp.php

as for the second point i agree with you. we will have a calender soon where trips will be announced 3 month in advance and it will also include google maps and other cool futures.

Your efforts are highly appreciated my friend :ad4x4:
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2009
2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 Ltr.

mishmumkin
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mishmumkin »

anTrax wrote:Thank you so much for the feed back, i find to be very positive :D

posts.JPG

follow these steps:

THanks, antrax! Love the calendar idea, toO!

Serge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Serge »

Hmm..

One more thing...

Antrax can you make external links to open in separate window... (i know we can use shift or/and alt) but still some times you forget about it... and go to a link ... that appears by closing the forum page :(

Cheers!

Serge.
Serge
Mobile: 055 222 71 70
Other Hobby: HAM Radio - A65BU