Google Earth Blocked by Etisalat ( FIX)

Questions related to the website and IT in general
pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Google Earth Blocked by Etisalat ( FIX)

Post by pseacraft »

Sadly the "fix" does not work on my XP machine. My POS Vista box and my new "7" box work great now with GE. I suspect other issues with my XP box as it is crashing my VPN too.
the other,
Eric
'09 JK, slightly modified

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

... r u talking about ur Tcheap-box? :rin:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

ahmed1975

Post by ahmed1975 »

GOOGLE EARTH IS WORKING, I JUST OPEN IT
Carry a Heart that Never Hates.
Carry a Smile that Never Fades.
Ahmed Fouad
KIA Sorento

Yara
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Yara »

Blocked again.

google does not work with or without proxy.

sh*t!
Small minds have only room for bread and butter (c)

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Yara wrote:Blocked again.

google does not work with or without proxy.

sh*t!
try this
on your web browser open tool and then tab internet options then tap connections
on connection tap ,tap LAN setting and then write this proxy1.emirates.net.ae and port 8080 that its. aclose the tools.

then go back and download the google.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Stop messing around with your computers, its not your fault. Let Etisalat fix whatever they messed up the first time, then fixed, then messed up again. Obviously its not totally clear to their techs why it keeps happening. :lol:. Just keep sending complaints/emails, ask everybody you know to do the same, so it gets enough attention. In the mean time use the web based alternatives

http://wikimapia.org/
http://maps.google.com/maps
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

It might be worth to buy a VPN account from US/UK/France/Germany/Switzerland/wherever and use it for everything.

Get it from UK and you can watch BBC/Channel4/ITV/etc stuff streamed over the internet. Get it from US and you can do the same for you favorite American shows via hulu.com. (of course for streaming you need to have 4megs connection at least)

The account costs you money of course, but it is not much compared to what you are paying to your ISP already for your internet connection.

Or if you are a geek, get it from multiple countries configure a Linux box to do routing automatically to different VPN pipes. That is to avoid manually switching between UK/US connection to watch your favorite shows...

There seems to be plenty of options available: http://www.vpnreviews.com/index.php?cat=4 and someone was also promoting https://vpnuk.info

They seem to work with any operating system, Windows, Linux, Mac OS/X, iPhone,... But of course verify that before ordering.

Also because we are at the subject, if you are using Al Shamil connection from Etisalat, update it to Etisalat eLife. You will save money or get a faster connection for the same money. (as long as you have the fibers already installed to your building by Etisalat)

VPN, better than Panadol.

Disclaimer. No, I am not doing this but I have heard that some people do.
Last edited by nikofin on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

hmmm ... ok
Last edited by SSS on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Guys most people know about what you're suggesting... word of mouth... but discussing it here publicly could be considered illegal and could get you and our website in trouble... just STOP.
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

eLife, also will change to that one soon now that we got the fibre in our building. Otherwise Al Shamil and proxy1 is good enough for me. Better spend my weekends out or with friends, working 10 hours in front of a computer everyday is more than enough ..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

E-Life has a download limit according to their website, over usage is charged at 25 Dirhams per GB for the slower lines and "fair usage" limit on the faster connections. What the limits are in actual numbers is not clear. I called and asked... how much can I download per month before I'm charged extra?... whomever I spoke to had no clue. Yet its still advertised as unlimited when in fact it is limited. :evil:

So if like me your connection is on 24/7/365 at full speed then expect to pay a lot more than the advertised price.

So far for me... Al-Shamel has been a flat fee for truthfully unlimited use
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

The fair usage limit for faster connections published in their web site was 100Gb. It was only three days ago when I last checked. However now the information seems to have disappeared. But haven't seen/heard any information what happens if you go over it.

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Fair to assume its 25 Dirhams per GB:lol:. Currently I have 2MB connection @ 349 Dirhams on Al-Shamil, the equivalent to that is a 16 MB @ 359 on elife, knowing myself I'll probably kill that 100GB limit long before the month. :lol: assuming it still applies, I couldn't get a straight answer out of the guy on the phone. Maybe I should pass by in person. :twisted:

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Just checked my statistics... I'm averaging 100 GBs per week on my 2MB connection.

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

I just called them because I have the 16 Mb eLife, and they said the monthly "fair" limit is 100Gb. I should be ok this month, but close. Will have to tell my wife to slow down a megabit!