Suggestions for the website

Questions related to the website and IT in general
tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Suggestions for the website

Post by tillybean »

Dear Webmaster

Great improvements on the site - am loving the trip manager function.

Can I make a suggestion with regards to the actual pages of the site, as sometimes I find it quite hard to find things on each page. For example, on the trip section, would it be a good idea to put the new trips into a seperate bit so as soon as you open the page, you can see what trips are available, rather than having to scroll down? I know that you have created the trip manager, but trips are still announced on the individual group pages and I sometimes struggle to find a specific trip.

Would it be a good idea to create a "frequently asked" or "sticky" area where items that are always important, such as the kit list, newbie instructions, members phone numbers/blackberry pin, blood groups etc could be posted and so are easily found?

Is there a way to highlight new items or those items which have received a current reply on each page - perhaps by putting them at the top of the relevant section? I find sometimes that I miss a response or a new item thats been posted because its not at the top of the page. Some of the items that are on the first page of each section are quite old and have not had any responses recently. Could these be allowed to "drop off" onto the next page; or, if they are something that keeps cropping up, to have them in the frequently asked/sticky area?

Just some thoughts on making the site slightly more navigable.

Thanks again Webmaster for all your hard work. :D
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Suggestions for the website

Post by Xof »

tillybean wrote: Is there a way to highlight new items or those items which have received a current reply on each page - perhaps by putting them at the top of the relevant section? I find sometimes that I miss a response or a new item thats been posted because its not at the top of the page. Some of the items that are on the first page of each section are quite old and have not had any responses recently. Could these be allowed to "drop off" onto the next page; or, if they are something that keeps cropping up, to have them in the frequently asked/sticky area?
Dear Tilly,
i let to our IT brains the pleasure to reply to you.
as for the above extract from your message, it does already exist.
Go to Portal, you'll see on the right side, bellow your picture, the following links to click on:

- view new post : all recent post wherever you read it yet or not.

- view unread post : all post that you have not yet read

I personnaly only use these one to navigate... hope this will help.
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

I would love to have a button "mark all topics read in the games forum" right below that on the portal entry. :twisted:
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

mike0967 wrote:I would love to have a button "mark all topics read in the games forum" right below that on the portal entry. :twisted:
.. can we make the Games Forum as mandatory entrance for all (i.e. before you can post any unimportant technical info you must at least post 10 times in the games) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

I just ventured onto the games bit....oh no! I have crossed over onto the dark side and fear I will not do much work, ever again!!
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128