to sound experts

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

to sound experts

Post by MegaMoe »

guys since i have a big box of my subwoofer in the back and i dont have space at all, i was looking in various wrangler forums and couldnt find anything interesting bug this. will it be a good idea ?

FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

AmaroK
Advanced
Advanced

Post by AmaroK »

Its exactly the same as if u would put it behind the rear seat (Soundwise). I saw this one before.... anywho... I dont know for safety though ( BOTH the subwoofer and the people).
1997 Purple TJ Manual - 2" OME lift - 15" rims - Cooper Discoverer STT (31x10.5R115) - Bushwacker Pocket Style Fenders

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Try to modify the sound BAR, or u can always throw into my Jeep heheheehe
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Blackchallenge
Advanced
Advanced

BOX

Post by Blackchallenge »

Try to get dimentions and do special box for the sub better than mounting it with no sealed box
Only Jeep Can Do It

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

i'm not expert but when you put the seat down wont it damage the subwoofer, i dont know if those spacers on the side of the seat will be enough but anyways you can always add some more lift to the rear seats lol ...

another things (it maybe alittle over the top but here it goes) when the rear seats are down and the subwoofer is on wont the sound and vibration damage it ?? if so you might want to disconnect it when the seats are down

one last thing ... whats the depth of this thing in the seat ... i mean if its so deep then maybe no one can sit there.. right ?

other solutions ,,, you might find some of these audio stuff in quadratec ..

good luck man

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

It looks nice, but I don't know how it will perform when the seat is down .. Another thing, keeping the sub without a cover there might damag it, as some of your camping things might go insude it when your are going up and down
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

i don't think its a good idea , the subwoofer needs a box so the sound would be good. i don't see anyway they installed a box into the seat. megamoe if you want you can get a bazoka which you can remove whenever you want, its just a subwoofer in a tube, this should give you an amazing bass and at the same time easy to remove when you want.

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

I agree with Jeep, if you will instal subwoofer then a box is a must.... but, i think if you will install normal speakers .... this idea will work fine.

Note that if you fix both types in one box the sound will not be good and the ready made boxes are much better than the custome made once........ i've traied it before.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

guys, the whole wrangler is a big box :mrgreen:
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

If I change the sterio and add an emplyfire .... Do you think that this will not voied my warenty :?: