FJ 2015-16 Engine safety shutter

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Denise
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Denise »

Hi
Some of the 2015 and all 2016 FJ are equipped with a device to prevent your engine from going to high rpm. When driving on sand and this device activates it acts as if applying brakes.
I have tried driving on High, Low, with A track or diff lock. Nothing stops this device.
The activation of this device on a side slope or crest or any of what we do out there in the desert poses a real danger.
If device activates on a slope at wrong angle in soft sand there is a risk of roll over. In the same way if you need to accelerate to go down when gravity pulls you down but you have no more power then again big risk.
If any of you have experienced this issue and have a solution, please share.... lots of 2015-16 fj owners are looking for solution.
For those who lead trips please be aware of this issue... it takes skills and experience to offroad with this car safely.
Enjoy the desert and drive safe
Denise

hubiheu
Advanced
Advanced

Re: FJ 2015-16 Engine safety shutter

Post by hubiheu »

Hi this is atrc this get akive for some reason .....but atrc work only below 3500 umin if engine rev higher than 3500 should not come aktive but if the difference lock is aktive all stability systems shut down if not the is issue wiht the car and the dealer can fix this ........is only the atrc is located in abs/esp control unit is responsible for this there is no sw or hw unit for engine safty ........
Toyota Landcruiser 100

[ ] [ ] [ ][___]__
|--- l l -Lo=TOYOTA=o]
()_)---()_) --o-- ()_)

MURAD

Re: FJ 2015-16 Engine safety shutter

Post by MURAD »

I felt that on the street only when reach max speed :p it feels like engine break. It can be solved but it will vanish your warranty.
On the sand never felt it before? Even when the RPM reach cutoff limit 7 ~ 8 thousand, the car keep going actually. High or low and as you still can shift down, going to 2ed or 1st gear on low for ex, will make the car act like power lost. This depends on Tyers type,suspension and the terrain.

Hope this were helping and I'm running 2015 by the way.

Besafe and best of luck
The outlaw :)

Luaymikkawi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Luaymikkawi »

Hi, i faced this issue some times in desert but I thought that ABS is still activated and I just switch off the car and then run it again.

So of this is a safety tech we need to know what activates it and how to stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk