3.5 inch lift requirement

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Ozy Al Khan

Post by Ozy Al Khan »

Hi Guys

This is my first post as i've heard a lot about professional advises from here.
I am planing to lift my JK 2012, 2 door from 2.5 to 3.5 inch.
I already have adj front and rear track bars and front and rear heavy duty bumpstops

Following is what I am planning to do

1. Suspension 3.5 (going for fox 2.5 series)

HELP ==> 2. Spring 3.5 (Rock Krawler or metal cloak plz advice)

HELP ==> 3. Front and Rear Drive shaft (teraflex or JE reel or USA alloy Plz advice)

HELP ==> 4. 8 Adj. Control Arms (metal clock or arb or core 4x4 or rock krawler plz advice)

Please let me know if there is anything else i should add for a smooth on raod and good off road performance.
Im planing to use 35inch tyre on it and the original fenders.

Best Regards

Ozy

Bomolin
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Bomolin »

Any particular reason of going 3,5? Based on the above it seems you have a very good understanding about what you looking for, therefore I believe you are aware about the potential hazards of going above 2,5. Your above set up might add incredible flexibility while off road, but when you ask comfort of road, makes me confuse. Have you see JK with 2.5 and buschwacket flat fenders? Check it out, look provided is almost 4 inch due to the clearance between tire and fender but safety ways still 2.5. My two cents.

Going back to your question in case you wish to move forward, I have hear amazing things about metalcloak triple rating springs ( lot of $$$) and do not replace the front shaft until it brakes, I change for rugged ridge which is serviceable, opposite to stock shaft. Rear drive, not required till it brakes ( has not hear of anyone braking the rear yet)
"The Dolphin V2" JKU17
OIIIO
Jeep Jeep!

Ozy Al Khan

Re: 3.5 inch lift requirement

Post by Ozy Al Khan »

Reason is that i wana fix 35 inch tyres so for looks and as you said better flexibaility while off roading.
I agree with you abt the bushwacker flat fender part but as i said im hungry and want more. (i do respect your concern)

VVV IMP ==> Plz elaborate more on potential hazards of going above 2.5 as i really wana know if i am missing something here

I am sorry as i already got the metalcloak drive shafts but i will listen to you and keep them until i break one.

I am experimenting between different springs and control arms
I booked 3.5 inch metalcloak springs but i am going for rock krawler control arms (what do you think)

Regards

Ozy Al Khan

Re: 3.5 inch lift requirement

Post by Ozy Al Khan »

Reasons are
Going to go for 35 inch tyres
Heavy front and rear bumpers
Looks
Flexibility while off roading

but having said that i really wud want to know the potential hazards because i didnt really think abt that,,,,,plz elaborate on that

Now i already bought metalcloak shafts but i will listen to you and wait till they break

Plz advice me as I am experimenting
imp ===> I am gettiing metalcloak 3.5 inch springs and Rock krawler adj control arms (ur opinion)