Radflo v BP 51

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Escape
Advanced
Advanced

Radflo v BP 51

Post by Escape »

Hi All,

A Mebar stage 4 suspension package with Radflo 2.5 shocks, new rear springs and Total Chaos upper control arms (AED17,709) is AED 399 more expensive than an Arctic Trucks option with OME BP-51 shocks, new rear springs and Total Chaos upper control arms (17,310).

Basically the only difference is Radflo 2.5 or BP-51.

I would love to hear any opinions as to which one is better, particularly from anyone who has one or the other. Even better would be someone who has driven on both! They would be fitted to an FJ.

Thanks!

Al

Mutaz Ali

Post by Mutaz Ali »

Hi Al
Can't help you much in the comparison but in case you decided to go with BP51 check with ARB outlets, they have special offer and price of BP51 is now reduced to AED 8,700

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Mutaz Ali
050-3828138
JKU

PROUD TO BE AD4x4 MEMBER

Violetta21

Re: Radflo v BP 51

Post by Violetta21 »

I got the BP 51 9450 aed (excluding upper control arms, spacers, installation).
Violetta
JKR
violetta21@ad4x4.com

10th Anniversary Organizer-2016
2017 Season Opening Organizer
1st Treasure Hunt 2017 Organizer

Rahman
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Rahman »

I got BP51 on my prado. Did from arctic trucks 6 months ago. 13.8k including spidertrax spacers fitment and alignment.

Works very well for me. But I haven't tested any other brands.

One thing you should be reminded, the adjustment is not very easy as this does not have any turning knob unlike fox or icon, instead it has a spanner like key and you will have to below the vehichle to adjust them.

But I'm very happy with the perfomance.
Rahman
+971 55 543 8134, jushak.rahman@gmail.com
Land Cruiser Prado J150 LWB

"An act of random kindness can change the world"

Escape
Advanced
Advanced

Radflo v BP 51

Post by Escape »

The quote from Arctic Trucks is as follows:

BP51 10900
New springs 1600
Total Chaos UCA 3600
Labor 960
Wheel alignment 450

Sounds like I might be better speaking with ARB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Violetta21

Post by Violetta21 »

Escapee wrote:The quote from Arctic Trucks is as follows:

BP51 10900
New springs 1600
Total Chaos UCA 3600
Labor 960
Wheel alignment 450

Sounds like I might be better speaking with ARB.

If you go to ARB you ll get the full set including the springs for 9450. Was there yesterday the offer still going on. You ll save a few bucks that way. Just call ARB and make sure they have stock. Again as I told you last Saturday you re more than welcome to test the BP 51 on the next drive we meet, so you can form an idea. Personally I am very happy with the performance.
Violetta
JKR
violetta21@ad4x4.com

10th Anniversary Organizer-2016
2017 Season Opening Organizer
1st Treasure Hunt 2017 Organizer

Kalahari
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kalahari »

Hi Al

I have the BP51 complete set of shocks and springs on the Landcruiser VX and I am super impressed with them.

The are fully adjustable for compression and rebound - when they were first installed they were set 7/10 for both and this was too firm for the type of driving we do. Eg at Al Nagra dune when crossing ruts made by cars going across the bottom of the dune, it was like being in a speedboat with a flat hull on a rough lake, shaking all over the place and bouncing off the track. We set the compression down to 3 at the front and 4 at the rear and left rebound at 7 and it is perfect.

As they are bypass shocks with remote reservoir, they get firmer as the damper compressors and I have never hit a bump stop while using them. They take a few adjustments to set up perfectly and as already mentioned, they are not as easy to adjust as the Radflo or Fox Racing shocks (which by the way, this is a "firmness" adjuster, not compression or rebound) Mine were installed by ARB in Abu Dhabi and as I was the fifth Cruiser that they had ever done, they were not as well versed with the settings as Mebar.I have had 4 people in the car on an advance with 40kg of equipment in the back and no problem.

Mebar with Radflor states that they have spent many hours working out the ideal settings for their shocks on various cars. Lee has these installed on his FJ with both upper and lower control arms replaces with Total Chaos and he is very impressed. He started off with UCA and recently had to do the LCA. I believe that each brand is as good as the other, the advantage is that Mebar appear to be better at set up. I did a test drive with them in a JK here in Dubai and was super impressed - very firm but again, never hit a bump stop, absorbed a very tough track at very high speed and were amazing!

As I know you, you are comfortable to get under your car and adjust these yourself (easy to do) and therefore, you could save some cash.

Your call - best regards andrew
Andrew
056 264 0635
JK

Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

Radflo v BP 51

Post by Zeebzog »

Hi Al,

I have Radflo and bought from Mebar. From memory it was more expensive than your quote so potentially they have reduced the price or you have missed something (maybe spacers for example).
Anyway, I like them a lot and have no issues with them, the extra traction you get is impressive.
Regards,
Lee.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Zeebzog wrote:Hi Al,

I have Radflo and bought from Mebar. From memory it was more expensive than your quote so potentially they have reduced the price or you have missed something (maybe spacers for example).
Anyway, I like them a lot and have no issues with them, the extra traction you get is impressive.
Regards,
Lee.

lee
its not the re-tailor work shops who took from MEBAR they are reducing their profit to get more customers.
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Escape
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Escape »

Hi Lee,

I am just looking at the Mebar website:

http://mebar-auto.com/mebar-toyota-fj-c ... m-stage-4/

They do not have spacers as part of that package, so that may account for the cost difference.

Cheers, Al