Off road insurance

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Russell
Intermediate
Intermediate

Off road insurance

Post by Russell »

Hey.
I'm in the process to renew the licence on my JK 2009. AXA cannot offer off road insurance as the vehicle is older than 7 years?? Would you be able to advise on any other company who could assist?
TIA

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

Georges
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Off road insurance

Post by Georges »

Have you tried Zurich ?
Cheers
Georges
JKU 2014
Mob: 0559740888

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Call National Resources. They have options.

Sameeh or Nour.
02 4466234
Mine is 2008. And fully insured through them

:mrgreen:
Gladiator
-------------------------------

NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF
WALK AWAY WHEN REQUIRED

Bookute
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bookute »

I have a 09 JK and I have full insurance ,off road included . I have it from Oman insurance . Call this guy 04 556 2801 ( Dominic) he can help you .
Cheers

Russell
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Russell »

Thanks guys. I'll call them all and compare quotes

Atari77
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Atari77 »

Hi guys

As an insurance expert oman do not cover the off road
If even dar all takaful do not.

If u did not find any information will be happy to help you.

Regards

Bookute
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bookute »

I dont really know what to say about this,but in my insurance its written off-road covered..

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Off road insurance

Post by scotchyl »

Just in case check small print. Some when they say off road, in small print it means "off the road" ur within 10m of road or a gatch road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkbp
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Bookute wrote:I dont really know what to say about this,but in my insurance its written off-road covered..

This year at first I insured my jeep with Union insurance. It says off-road yes,, then after I recievd the policy. I found this paragraph written in away I am insured off-road provided I don't go to sand. And off road means sand on the side of the road!!! I had to cancel. And got full off-road coverage with AIG Of course higher value.

So be careful read what's written inside. Not what they say
Gladiator

NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF
WALK AWAY WHEN REQUIRED

SCORPIO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SCORPIO »

not sure if they cover older than 7 years
but Qatar insurance have a great offroad coverage
with very competitive prices, i took it for my truck

Jalal
YOU CAN NEVER SET OUT TO GET OUT FROM THIS LIFE ALIVE

Russell
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Russell »

I've gone with Oman Insurance who cover off road

​​3.2 Off-Road Coverage
The policy is extended to cover loss or ​​damage to the covered Vehicle​ ​while driven off-road.

​​Specific Conditions

​A. This cover is applicable for private Vehicles in the name of an individual and with ​​four wheel drive, off-road capability;

​B. The Insured​ ​shall bear an Excess​ ​of double the Normal Excess​ ​stated in the policy Schedule​ ​in the event of an admissible off-road claim.

​C. The Company​ ​will not be liable to pay for any damage if loss and/ or damage occurred during the course of competitive events,​ ​safari or if you are carrying passengers as part of a business. Safari activities is the recreation of driving or riding a vehicle on ​ ​​un-surfaced roads or tracks, made of materials such as ​​sand, gravel, riverbeds, mud, snow, rocks and ​​​​​​other natural terrain

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Re:

Post by Gladiator »

Russell wrote:I've gone with Oman Insurance who cover off road

​​3.2 Off-Road Coverage
The policy is extended to cover loss or ​​damage to the covered Vehicle​ ​while driven off-road.

​​Specific Conditions

​A. This cover is applicable for private Vehicles in the name of an individual and with ​​four wheel drive, off-road capability;

​B. The Insured​ ​shall bear an Excess​ ​of double the Normal Excess​ ​stated in the policy Schedule​ ​in the event of an admissible off-road claim.

​C. The Company​ ​will not be liable to pay for any damage if loss and/ or damage occurred during the course of competitive events,​ ​safari or if you are carrying passengers as part of a business. Safari activities is the recreation of driving or riding a vehicle on ​ ​​un-surfaced roads or tracks, made of materials such as ​​sand, gravel, riverbeds, mud, snow, rocks and ​​​​​​other natural terrain

Means you are not allowed to drive on sand !!!! And you will not be covered during the normal trips !!!!

Fake off-road insurance !!!
Gladiator

NEVER DOUBT YOURSELF
WALK AWAY WHEN REQUIRED

karam Al janabi
Marshal | PR and Media
Marshal | PR and Media

Off road insurance

Post by karam Al janabi »

SCORPIO wrote:not sure if they cover older than 7 years
but Qatar insurance have a great offroad coverage
with very competitive prices, i took it for my truck

Jalal
Am sorry to tell you that you are not insured only same as Gladi said go to the website and read the offroad section there is a small * click it and u will see that u are covered only 10 m away from the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Karam Al janabi
055 7070838
050 7171427 whatsapp
JK Rubicon

Email:karam.aljanabi@ad4x4.com

goriding
Advanced
Advanced

Post by goriding »

I just re-read this discussion about off road coverage. Last year AXA refused to renew my off-road coverage because of the age of my Jeep. So, I found a recommendation somewhere among AD4X4 members to talk to National Resources Insurance Services Co. Through them I purchased an insurance policy from Oman Insurance Company that stated off coverage was included but I realised today that the definition of off road coverage was not included anywhere. My insurance agent is verifying this definition now.

In the mean time I got a quote from AIG with off road coverage which is about 1000 aed more expensive, and the policy definitions includes the following statement regarding off road:

3.8 Off Road Cover
In consideration of an additional premium the Company shall indemnify the Insured for loss or damage sustained by the Insured Vehicle, its accessories and spare parts which are deemed an integral part thereof, as a result of an accident occurring off road.
The Insured or his representative shall bear an additional AED 1,500 to the compulsory excess
mentioned therein out of indemnity due in accordance with the terms and conditions of Section
II.

Gladiator, is this the same language in your policy that you have? I still find this a little vague, so what does everybody think? Will this actually provide coverage when out driving with the club off road?

And, what about injury during an accident off road? Are passengers and driver covered as well?
Randy

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Off road insurance

Post by scotchyl »

If unsure feel free to ask MLC who is a former driver with us and broker. He spotted similar for me with AIG meaning you are covered but you pay first 1,500 plus accident report cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It takes many people many hours to create an empire, but only one to destroy it.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.