Which snorkel for FJ?

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Escape
Advanced
Advanced

Which snorkel for FJ?

Post by Escape »

Hi All,

After a drive, I can find as much as a cup of sand in my air filter box, but so far (knock on wood) have not had issues with it getting in the engine. I blow the filter out with an air compressor after each drive.

Any recommendations for snorkels for an FJ? So far I have really only seen the Safari ones.

I have seen some of you with the cyclonic pre-filter on the top, as opposed to the air ram that is standard on the Safari snorkels. Does Safari make one of these? Also there seems to be a new Safari snorkel: "ARMAX". Has anyone seen one of these?

Appreciate any recommendations.

Cheers, Al

Violetta21

Re: Which snorkel for FJ?

Post by Violetta21 »

Hey Al!

If you find only a cup of sand in it then you re lucky, I used to remove half a kilo after each drive :D
Never heard of the Armax one I have a Safari on, been two months since I installed it and no sand in the air filter box so far.
Hope you find whats best for your car.

Cheers!
Violetta
JKR
violetta21@ad4x4.com

10th Anniversary Organizer-2016
2017 Season Opening Organizer
1st Treasure Hunt 2017 Organizer

Abu al3nood

Post by Abu al3nood »

safari snorkel is an expensive one there in the market a good one from sharjah with i think 600 dhs only
Rami Awadallah
PRADO SWB .

Ancient Mariner
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ancient Mariner »

Hi Al

Pre filter is separate item from snorkel kit. http://www.sy-klone.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... ry_Code=S9
Mine sized for 4" intake tube on AEV Wrangler installation but they do other sizes if necessary. I had mine fitted when snorkel installed and was given the standard ram air one back with the box of standard parts from the air intake removed. It may look a bit industrial but better than a sock. May be cheaper to buy direct and fit it yourself once the snorkel installed. Simple bolt on but check it clears the bodywork!

Martin
Ancient Mariner

Subaru Forester XT