Recovery point HELP

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
alexJ

Recovery point HELP

Post by alexJ »

Hi everyone,

i'm a total newbie based in Abu and after my first trip with you guys i'm totally addicted!!!
I though have a major problem which was pointed out to me by the marshal....I don't have proper rear end recovery points....meaning I can't participate to the outings!!! :oops:
I own a ford ranger wildtrak (2016) and I know its not the best machine for dune bashing but I totally love it and for my level it does more then enough + i will take it back to europe when the time comes...

Now the problem....

I have looked all over the internet for rear recovery points and I can't seem to find anything if not a complete rear bumper bar from ARB which obviously isn't the cheapest of options....I'm happy to spend the right amount of $ but since I don't intend to be towing anything it seems a bit of a leap... can anyone help me out please!!?? I would really love to go out there and have some more great fun...

Thanks in advance

Abdul Qadir
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Recovery point HELP

Post by Abdul Qadir »

A fabricator can do a toweing hook to be attached with bolts to the chasis rear end. Cost less then 1000.

The way we see the problem is the problem.

Georges
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Georges »

Marshal Scotchyl have the same car and maybe can advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers
Georges
JKU 2014
Mob: 0559740888

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

i have the same car (2018 wildtrak)
option 1 go to ford and ask for trailer hitch from which you will be able to feed a soft shackle through. its strong enough.

Alternate if your car is out of warranty / can afford a different option, speak to Dries at Torc in Dubai. also come join the UAE Rangers whatsapp chat and the guys there will point you in the right direction etc etc
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

PS let me tell you, that truck can do more than you think. i can take it easy advance tracks, carry up to 1,800 kilos in back and have it setup for a budget overlanding.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

alexJ

Post by alexJ »

Thank you guys for the quick reply!
Scotchyl I totally agree with you and think our car is a real do it all!!!

I have the car in for the 50k servicing as it is still under warranty and I enquired at Ford for the tow hitch...two problems there:
Its almost as expensive as the ARB and the tow ball is not removable ... would that be a bad thing?

I'd love to get in touch with the ranger whatsapp group, how can I?

I'm really sorry to be bothering you guys with a thousand questions but it's the holiday season and I have the perfect excuse to buy me a present without the mrs growling at me ;-)
What are the first mods you would suggest without going to extremes...? Since the factory shocks are the stiff side I was looking at a 2" lift kit by OME (full shocks and leaf springs etc) and some Cooper tires, what first?
Any garage or workshop in Abu you could suggest?
Radio, where can i get one in abu dhabi?
Thanks to ALL You guys, you show so much passion in this and have created such an active community its amazing!
Hope to see you on the sand very soon!!!

alexJ

Post by alexJ »

scotchyl wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:04 pm
option 1 go to ford and ask for trailer hitch from which you will be able to feed a soft shackle through. its strong enough.

Alternate if your car is out of warranty / can afford a different option, speak to Dries at Torc in Dubai. also come join the UAE Rangers whatsapp chat and the guys there will point you in the right direction etc etc
Hi Scotchyl and thanks for joining in and giving me some peace of mind!!!
I'm also new to forums and not seeing any more replies I figure I overdid it with the questions, sorry about that!!!
I went to Ford again and now they even raised the price, ridiculous raise to the point where they are now asking 4100 for installing the tow bar and 1800 is just for the work hours....!!!
I went to Positive Negative garage in Mussafah and bargained for a recovery point to be fitted for just 1000....by what you guys told me that seems to be a fair price.
I'd love to get to chat with the ranger group, can you please tell me how I could be added?
Thanks again
P.S. Found an online OME and ARB dealer in dubai called 4x4ome.com, don't know if you guys already know about it cause it seems to be fairly new in town, but after a bit of negotiation I managed to get a really good price for a full OME suspension kit (the yellow one) for 1000 less than in mussafah... hope this could help someone looking for some parts.
Cheers
Alex

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

alexJ wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:24 am
scotchyl wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Send me your number to 0504433841 and I’ll ask for you to be added or I vxsn send you invitation link.

Hi Scotchyl and thanks for joining in and giving me some peace of mind!!!
I'm also new to forums and not seeing any more replies I figure I overdid it with the questions, sorry about that!!!
I went to Ford again and now they even raised the price, ridiculous raise to the point where they are now asking 4100 for installing the tow bar and 1800 is just for the work hours....!!!
I went to Positive Negative garage in Mussafah and bargained for a recovery point to be fitted for just 1000....by what you guys told me that seems to be a fair price.
I'd love to get to chat with the ranger group, can you please tell me how I could be added?
Thanks again
P.S. Found an online OME and ARB dealer in dubai called 4x4ome.com, don't know if you guys already know about it cause it seems to be fairly new in town, but after a bit of negotiation I managed to get a really good price for a full OME suspension kit (the yellow one) for 1000 less than in mussafah... hope this could help someone looking for some parts.
Cheers
Alex