Where can I buy cam alignment tab for FJ?

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Redbeard
Explorer
Explorer

Where can I buy cam alignment tab for FJ?

Post by Redbeard »

Seems one of the cam alignment tabs on the front left lower control arm is broken on my FJ. Have a theory as to how this happened, but I can't seem to find a part number for a replacement..

Any idea where to buy this part locally, or maybe where I could get the total chaos cam tab gusset kit?

Ajesh
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Where can I buy cam alignment tab for FJ?

Post by Ajesh »

Hi, I assume you are asking about the camber nut for alignment adjustments. Other than Al Futtaim(dealership), the major OEM parts stores are Popular Auto Parts and Best Auto Parts. Show them the pic and give your VIN and they should be able to identify it. Both have multiple branches in and around Mussafah. A wheel alignment centre can replace it for you. Try Al Fatah Tires.

I have seen gusset reinforcements being sold . The kit may be stocked by Quarouty but am not sure if they stock Total Chaos, for which you may have to check with Titan Performance in Dubai.
-
Ajesh
R50 Pathy

Redbeard
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Redbeard »

Thanks Ajesh. I don't think it's the nut, it's a little piece of metal that is missing or bent, there should be one on the left side, like the one seen in the picture to the right of the camber nut. At minimum it would require some welding I believe.

petro
Marshal
Marshal

Post by petro »

Does your theory about how this happened contain the name Suhaib??

Redbeard
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Redbeard »

I think my problem is fixed now.

Titan performance made me aware of the issue when I went there to do the body mount chop, and they mentioned the possibility of mounting the total chaos cam tab gussets - https://www.chaosfab.com/accessories/20 ... sets-59860
Silly me, I didn't just buy the parts on the spot (Titan didn't have time to do that mod, and I needed to take my car back to AD with me).

I stopped by Qaruoty to check if they had the part, and they bent the cam tabs back and did some welding to reinforce them - also it turned out one of my bolts for the cam tab was stripped, so they replaced that.

I suspect this fix will last me a few trips at least, but in the long run I might go for the total chaos gussets.