Are Headers & Valvetronic Catalyst / Mufflers Legal in AD

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
AAA
Advanced
Advanced

Are Headers & Valvetronic Catalyst / Mufflers Legal in AD

Post by AAA »

Hi

I'm contemplating to install headers and valvetronic catalyst / muffler for my Nissan Safari to improve its performance i.e. HP & torque.

In brief, will the headers and valvetronic catalyst / muffler hinder the car registration in Abu Dhabi and be considered as illegal :oops: ?

If they are legal and will not stop the car registration, do you recommend a workshop in Abu Dhabi? I need the valvetronic to minimize the noise while driving in the city and on highways.

Apologies if there was a previous forum about the matter as I was not able to find anything about it.

Thanks!

Octopus
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Are Headers & Valvetronic Catalyst / Mufflers Legal in AD

Post by Octopus »

Some of it is legal, and some of it is not legal. in my experience they are ok with headers. And catalyst is a maybe, however the muffler is a must and they will check the noise decibels. If you go for inspection with a valve muffler it will be rejected. Be careful if you get stopped by police or driving on the highway with a noisy car as they will impound your car and give a hefty fine with black points. For garage that will do the job you can check with Autorace, MTX or Qarouty. and they will advise you more.