Jeep Stroker 4,6 L Build up

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

shame...was worth a try :wink: :mrgreen:
(haha..page 2 ! :lol: its already starting!)

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Keep this thread Siam free :D

Attention ! I found some mistakes in the post which i made about the costs so far.

I corrected:

Price for my Build up ? I think i can do it for under 9000 AED including everything. So far i spend 3345 AED for the parts ( Block with all parts - ( excluding the camshaft), but including the Pistons, Crankshaft ) I will keep you updated.

Chuck

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

iguana wrote: Now I was reading what you guys have wrote. I think I need to go to engineering school to understand what is the story.

I understood that I should buy a kit, take it to a special shop and after an agreed time I should have a car with more power. Is this the easy part of the story?

Now my easy questions:
- Give me ONE recommended option. Tell me go and buy this kit from this place and how much it will cost.
- Tell me where to install it (Also one highly recommended place) in UAE.
- Is it street legal? will it pass the Traffic test?
- Do I have to modify any thing else? like suspension, brakes, air system?
- Will I still keep my Borla Cat Back, Air Filter and Throttle body or those will be a throw away items?
- Any heating problem specially in the summer where the AC is on?

Thanks
Building a stroker isn't really any different from rebuilding a stock 4.0 engine so any good engine builder can do it for you.
I think most of the questions you have about building a stroker will be answered if you visit my sites.
As far as being street legal goes, a stroker looks exactly the same on the outside as a 4.0 so the vehicle inspectors won't know the difference. I also didn't have any problem passing emissions with my stroker. In fact, the emissions were much better with the stroker than they were with my old 4.0.
The beauty of the stroker is that you can also keep all the external bolt-on performance items that you've added to your old 4.0 e.g. Intake, bored throttle body, header, and exhaust. The only thing you'll need to add is higher flow injectors.
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

iguana wrote:Thanks Chuck. As I told you earlier. I will wait till you finish it, try it and then give me a feed back. Please keep a full record of all the expenses OK.

Another question. What will I do with my existing Engine?
I built my stroker from another junkyard engine and kept driving my Jeep with the old 4.0 engine until the stroker was finished. Then I had the stroker engine swapped in and kept the old 4.0 at home until Uwe (Chuck) came along and bought it from me. :D That's my old engine that he's building into a stroker.

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

so guys now if i use the same engine i already have , how do i go about it , do i just take the car to the garage u r dealing with and tell him i want a stroker kit ???? would he get me all the parts needed and finish the job ???

so the cost from A-Z would be around 9,000 dhs ???

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Hi Jeep,

i believe it is cheaper to buy the stuff by yourself. Of course you can go to one Garage in Mussafah (like Performance7 Alyasy ) where they build up my engine and ask them to buy all the stuff you need and take care of everything. Than it will be more expensive. I just go myself to the shops and get the parts one by one togehter and 7 Performance is assembling it and makes the swap.

For example, i took the throttle body to one turning shop and ask them to make the bore from 57 mm to 62mm. It costs me 100 AED. If Performance7 is doing the same, it would have come evtl. more expensive for me.
But doing it my way, i know now how the throttle body works and what to take care of. The same will be with all the other parts i can take care of. For all special works i have to trust the professionals at P7.

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

man the thing is that u can buy these parts by yourself because you understand whats going on and you know what are those parts and what they are doing , but for me i know nothing about them , i never heard about these parts and i don't know what they do , so i won't be able to go and buy these parts myself.
hmmm do we buy them new or used ???
if new , then would it be possible to order them from quadratec for a better price ???

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

jeep wrote:man the thing is that u can buy these parts by yourself because you understand whats going on and you know what are those parts and what they are doing , but for me i know nothing about them , i never heard about these parts and i don't know what they do , so i won't be able to go and buy these parts myself.
hmmm do we buy them new or used ???
if new , then would it be possible to order them from quadratec for a better price ???
Oh, i did not tell you, that i am a complete rookie myself ?
Honestly, 8 weeks ago i had no idea whats it all about the stroker.
I got my informations first from my Jeep Forum in Germany. Then i thought ok, i will build up one.

I asked a lot - is the driveshaft strong enough, what injectors do i need and so on. You know, the more you ask, see and do with the build up for a stroker the more you learn, and its a lot of fun too. Why you not just ask here what you want to know ?

I am sure Dino will answer you every question here and in the end you know a lot more about your engine and how it works.

Maybe i will make mistakes,ok,
but so far it runs smooth and i believe in about 6 weeks ( my Crankshaft will be here in 4 weeks only ) i will have it done.

For me, the stroker build up is right now something like a hobby. :D
Last edited by Chuck on Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Chuck, you don't know Jeep yet. He is really infected with the bug. Lokk at his previous orders in Quadratec. I think he goes to website, type everything for Jeep Wrangler 1999 copy the full site and paste it on an e-mail then send it to Khaiwi :lol: :lol: :lol: he wants everything in his car.

He will never leave you till you rebuild his engine or help him in finishing a rebuild for himself.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

iguana wrote:Chuck, you don't know Jeep yet. He is really infected with the bug. Lokk at his previous orders in Quadratec. I think he goes to website, type everything for Jeep Wrangler 1999 copy the full site and paste it on an e-mail then send it to Khaiwi :lol: :lol: :lol: he wants everything in his car.

He will never leave you till you rebuild his engine or help him in finishing a rebuild for himself.
Ok Iguana, if it is like this, i can give him a address in Mussafah were he can have a 4,7 L Stroker for 17000, DHs complete.

That means, he gives the order to get the parts, the spare engine and after about 6 weeks they will call him to bring his car for the swap.
Two days later he will have it build in and drives away.

I mean i could do it the same way, but for me personally it is also the experience why i need this and that parts for the engine to get more power. Thats why i build it up by myself.

On the other hand, i understand why he maybe wants ( if to ) do it the easy way, and without problems and driving around for parts buying.

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sounds interesting
keep us posted on how it goes.

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

anTrax wrote:
sounds interesting
keep us posted on how it goes.
I will.
Today i was in the the turning shop to check the progress on the block. The bore and honing of the block is finished. Right now they are working on the head to get the valves matched to the head
( right wording ?, sorry i am german, english is not my native language :D )

The overall costs for all the works in the turning shop are 530 Dhs. ( I will check it on the fatura tommorow, because i left it in my office).

After finishing the works in the turning shop i will bring the parts to P7 ( which is only two blocks away ).

At Al Jallaf, i have to buy one stock 4,0 L camshaft with the springs. the price i do not know so far. I guess it will be around 700 or 800 DHs ?

You see, it goes on, and i have a lot of time left until my crankshaft from germany comes.

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

So, here is the result of the valve matching ( grounding )

Everything is done now in the turning shop. Later i was at my "motorassemblingandinstallationshop" today and asked about the price.
It will come up for assemble the engine and for the swap to roughly 3000,- DHs.

Anyhow, i checked again the fatura for the turning shop ( Bore, Hone, valve match ). The total price there was 700 Dhs ( sorry for my wrong counting yesterday ).

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

The engine shop did a good job cleaning up the head. Looks like things are coming along nicely Uwe.
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Yep, tommorow i will make a Gasoline Leak Test on the Head, before i take it with me. If i have time i will check with Al jallaf for the Springs and the camshaft.

Dino, you think i could make some Performance Improvment by polishing the intake Ports a little ?

Now the head is so easy to handle with, maybe i should take this chance to polish here and there a bit ?

I will keep you updated.