Jeep Stroker 4,6 L Build up

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Congratulations :party: ....

And what about total cost and Dyno result...

regards,

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Congrats Chuck ... you must hate the break-in period lol

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

CONGRATS CHUCK,
Finally you did it, Have fun buddy ,,And take care
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

WildFire wrote:Congratulations :party: ....

regards,
Thanks a lot guys for your good wishes.

The Dyno test can be done only after the engine is breaked in ( right wording ? ).

Now, actually after almost 120 Km i can feel already that the engine becomes more powerfull than the old one.
With my bigger wheels ( 31" ) it runs already 140 with only 2500 RPM and no pushing of the pedal so much ( and this with the stock injectors only ).

The old engine was running very well and was not weak or something. So, the new one is definetly stronger, and it is even not yet breaked in completly.

Before i forget it, i have to say many many many thanks also to Bulldozer, which gave me yesterday evening a "live" impression via telephone right from the Garage about the first firing test.
Unfortunatly there was something wrong with the electric - they had to search for the problem - and Bulldozer had to leave also.

So, i got the noisy welcome of the Baby this morning when i droped by at Alyasy and started the engine the first time by myself.

After all, i have to say that it took me about more than 4 month of getting the parts together, checking out Dinos Websites and talk to him via phone and mail ( many thanks Buddy for assisting me in that way ) , visiting a lot of shops, posting Threads in the german Jeepforum and so on and so on.

I could have done it in a much more easy way by buying a complete Kit and just bring the car for the swap.

But, i also learned a lot about the new PowerPack which is under my hood now and thats priceless for me.

For those which not want to go thru all this, get yourself a complete "Readymade" Kit and enjoy the real power of your Inline 6.

My final steps to get the full capability of the engine is now to give it time for break in and install bigger injectors for a better fuel load.

As soon i am more relaxed, i will post all costs of the build up, adresses of shops and so on.

Chuck

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Chuck wrote:
WildFire wrote:Congratulations :party: ....

regards,
Thanks a lot guys for your good wishes.

The Dyno test can be done only after the engine is breaked in ( right wording ? ).

Now, actually after almost 120 Km i can feel already that the engine becomes more powerful than the old one.
With my bigger wheels ( 31" ) it runs already 140 with only 2500 RPM and no pushing of the pedal so much ( and this with the stock injectors only ).

The old engine was running very well and was not weak or something. So, the new one is definitely stronger, and it is even not yet breaked in completely.

Before i forget it, i have to say many many many thanks also to Bulldozer, which gave me yesterday evening a "live" impression via telephone right from the Garage about the first firing test.
Unfortunatly there was something wrong with the electric - they had to search for the problem - and Bulldozer had to leave also.

So, i got the noisy welcome of the Baby this morning when i droped by at Alyasy and started the engine the first time by myself.

After all, i have to say that it took me about more than 4 month of getting the parts together, checking out Dinos Websites and talk to him via phone and mail ( many thanks Buddy for assisting me in that way ) , visiting a lot of shops, posting Threads in the german Jeepforum and so on and so on.

I could have done it in a much more easy way by buying a complete Kit and just bring the car for the swap.

But, i also learned a lot about the new PowerPack which is under my hood now and thats priceless for me.

For those which not want to go thru all this, get yourself a complete "Readymade" Kit and enjoy the real power of your Inline 6.

My final steps to get the full capability of the engine is now to give it time for break in and install bigger injectors for a better fuel load.

As soon i am more relaxed, i will post all costs of the build up, adresses of shops and so on.

Chuck
I am really happy for u chuck congratulation i think u did it right way if u just bought the ready one where is the joy I heard last night on the phone from u NO man u deserve that joy good luck with it
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Nice one Uwe. I'm very happy for you, and even more so knowing that it's my old 4.0 engine that's become a stroker. It couldn't have had a better start to its new life.
For the time being I think you should stick with the stock injectors. From what you told me, it doesn't seem that the engine's running too lean so I don't think you'll benefit from bigger injectors. If you decide later on to add a header and modify the rest of the exhaust system with 2.5" piping and high-flow mufflers, the engine will flow more air and you WILL need more fuel. In that case, you'll need the 27lb stroker injectors from http://www.fiveomotorsport.com
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Hi again,

Chuck, Have you done any other mods. such as (fuel system , clutch, ECU)?.

DinoStroker, Do you think that a stroker engine can survive NOS shot :twisted: :?: ...

Regards,

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

A 50 shot of N2O shouldn't be a problem for the engine but the real question is whether the drivetrain will survive without something breaking.

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

WildFire wrote:Hi again,

Chuck, Have you done any other mods. such as (fuel system , clutch, ECU)?.
No, i did not change anything.

To give you a little idea of the extra torque i get now. On the way back of fridays Trip i drove 160 km /h ( according to GPS ) at 3000 RPM only without pushing the throttle too much. Remember, i have the 31"tires on. :D

I have now 800 km on the clock the engine feels really powerfull. From idle to 3000 RPM the car jumps forward like crazy.

I wonder what will happen if i push down the pedal the first time and accelerate above 3000 RPM 8O

Tomorrow i will make the second oil and filterchange. After that i can push a little more.

And the sound guys, deep and angry, its a melody to my ears. :D

One thing what i am unhappy with, the seal between the crankshaft and the oilpan is leaking. The guys of 7 P have to redo this again. But i am glad that this is not a big item at all.

Today i was with Doc to change the Belt because there was a noise coming from the alternator pulley. Since the new belt is on ( 25 DRH cost for change ) the engine is running in idle more quite and sound. The noise is gone as well. :D

Thanks Doc again for your quick assistance. :wink:

In a few days i will bring the car to Doc for checking the compression and do some small repairs on the suspension which i have now since month not done.
Image <br><br>Image<br>

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Do you think that HESCO stroker kit fit into my 2005 TJ :?: :twisted:
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

That is incredible. Love it but I dont have a jeep. Can the stroker supply part for other car brands or just for jeeps
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

WildFire wrote:Do you think that HESCO stroker kit fit into my 2005 TJ :?: :twisted:

Of course, the Hesco 4,7 Litre Stroker Kit is fitting to all Jeep 4,0 Litre 6 Bangers installed in Cherokees, Wranglers, Grands.

@Mpenzi, i do not know if there are Stroker Kits for your car available. I know that for other engines ( V8 and so on ) Strokers can be done. :wink:

Btw: my Car is running very well now since about 4000 Miles ( or 6500 km). I made already 2 Oilchanges and the old oil looks very good without having metal in or so.

Since about two weeks i have bigger injectors in ( 24 lb/ft ) and the car is now even more responsive from idle to mid RPM. Above to about 5000 RPM it is more easy to reach topspeed now.

My next project is to get cooler air into the engine by modifing the air intake.

Since about two weeks i also have this sticker on my hood. :wink:

Image <br><br>Image<br>

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Nice to see you're back Uwe. Not seen you post for a while. Glad you're loving your stroker. Just wait till you've done 65,000km like I have and the engine's broken in. :wink: It's a beast.

WildFire

I'm lovin it

Post by WildFire »

Man,I just can not let go this thread :lol:

When I was on leave :cry: I met a guy at Ramy Trading who was instaling a stroker kit ( 4.5 ) + Hesco Aluminum engine head in their shop and he said that that this sitting is better than instaling a 4.7 stroker kit :!: :?: :idea:

He said that in order to be able to use the same block again he instaled the 4.5 stroker So, if any thing goes wrong he will be able to use the 4.7 Pistons on the same stroker kit and block. at the same time using the aluminum engine head would give extra 30hp to cover the difference also he mentioned that the total cost is around 25K.

I've asked the guys at Ramy Trading about the heavy duty axels and they offered me a full package (front, rear, casing , axel, lockers) for 35K 8O and they said it can not be sold (axel) alone 8O

Now, every one says that inorder to reach my beloved 300hp i must change the axels, shaft, transmission parts, ect.

can any one tell me what needs to be changed , how and where to find it ..... is it possible to fabricate some of the required parts , any info would be great.

As you know, $November$ is close :twisted:
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

DinoStroker

Re: I'm lovin it

Post by DinoStroker »

WildFire wrote:Now, every one says that inorder to reach my beloved 300hp i must change the axels, shaft, transmission parts, ect.
It'll be a very tall order to get 300hp naturally-aspirated out of a stroker. Take a look at my stroker "recipes" to see what I mean:

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html

Consider it an achievement to get 270hp and if you reach 280, break open the champagne. My stroker was making roughly 258hp/320lbft when I had the Crane 753905 cam. Unfortunately it took a dump last year so I threw the stock cam in, and now I have roughly 245hp/306lbft at the flywheel. This resulted in a small performance loss (0.23sec slower to the 1/4 mile) that I hardly noticed.
If you look at the 4.5L "poor man's" simple stroker on my site, mine is just a 0.020" overbored version of that.