Jeep Stroker 4,6 L Build up

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Polishing the ports won't help. If you're going to port the head at all, grind some material from the intake and exhaust valve throats and bowls to remove the rough steps, and blend them in with the valve seats. Whatecver you do, DON'T touch the valve seats themselves. Read my head porting page and the link to the Standard Abrasives head porting guide before you do anything to the head.

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/head.html

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Shame on me Dino, i did not see that site of yours before by myself.
As usual, you have a precise answer to all my questions.

Today i had no time to take care of the the head, so i hope i can do it tommorow.
Some friends of mine will come along from germany tommorow as well, so it might be that my stroker project has to rest a little.

If i have the head back, you do not mind if i maybe come by with it friday in one week ?

Uwe

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

DinoStroker wrote:Polishing the ports won't help. If you're going to port the head at all, grind some material from the intake and exhaust valve throats and bowls to remove the rough steps, and blend them in with the valve seats. Whatecver you do, DON'T touch the valve seats themselves. Read my head porting page and the link to the Standard Abrasives head porting guide before you do anything to the head.

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/head.html
Dino is this English ? :lol: :lol: Man I don't understand anything of what you have wrote.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Sorry Iguana, I know it's all rather technical and it's difficult to understand if you haven't read articles about porting cylinder heads and what it means.
Uwe, you cam come by anytime. Just not this weekend because I'm going to Musandam inshallah.

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

hmmmm i think from my side i'll just wait until chuck is done with his stroker kit then he will have to tell me and show me exactly what to do with my jeep. :wink:

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

jeep wrote:hmmmm i think from my side i'll just wait until chuck is done with his stroker kit then he will have to tell me and show me exactly what to do with my jeep. :wink:
Why wait until then? I've been running my stroker for nearly 2-1/2 years and it's done almost 57,000km. What do you want to know? Read my sites so you can get some ideas.

http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html
1992 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker - 5MT
200rwhp 258rwtq (246hp 311lbft at crank)
Jeep Performance, Jeep Tech, Junker to Stroker

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

ok i'll check the sites , hmmmm yah if u r using and there are no problems then i'm in man , yala tell me what do i need to buy and from where so i'll get started cause i know some jeep asses (red and grey) needs to be kicked :wink: :wink: :wink:

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

I will bring some documents with me to the family trip, which are from Dinos site and explain already a lot of the whole works which have to be done.

Of course, we ( mostly Dino ) can not give you a complete guide of what to do. It needs a little work by yourself to do it.

But in fact, you will have much more understanding of whats going on inside your engine if you read first the sites and than ask here what ever you like to know.

Cheers

Uwe

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Hi guys,

i know that it is now very quiet in this thread, but thats just because i am waiting for my crankshaft coming from germany. So far i know it will come next week. Than i will continue posting the upcoming steps.

Uwe

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

cool man , we'll be waiting for ur updates.

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Update !!

Today finally the crankshaft arrived from germany, together with some other goodies 8)

Out of the box and in to the car.

Of course i couldnt wait to give the parts to the turning shop :wink:

After that i went right away to Al Jallaf and bought a new camshaft and all bearings for that.

For the crankshaft i also took all bearings which were undersized with 0,010. Al Jallaf had all parts on stock. Total cost for all this things 2592,- AED.

Now the crankshaft has to be grounded, fit together with the new bearings and maybe balanced.

I`ll keep you guys updated.

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

Yalla Jeep fogaa ;)

If this turns out well,, I will get this done to.. Will ask the company if they can do all this....

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

mabrooook,

Any dates when will it be ready for action?

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

I am still waiting for the results Chuck. I will do it in Summer if it turns out to be OK.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

I will try to have it done by the end of january.

On saturday i will get the 3.5" lift kit implanted first. The turning shop needs also time to make a good job for the crankshaft. So far they are very reliable ( also with other works done for my construction project ).

To give you an overview, following things are remaining now:

Install the regrounded crankshaft into the block with the new bearings.

Assemble the head with the new camshaft and the springs ( which i also bought yesterday )

I still have to buy:

New oilpump

New high flow water pump

New belt and other small stuff ( sparkplugs, and such things )

Buy an upper and lower gasket set ( Head gasket, oil pan gasket, seals and so on )

New 24 lbs Injectors from Ford ( 6 pcs )

Customize a used Map sensor into adjustable version.

Assemble everything and install the baby, yeah. :wink: