Montana Power Button Crisis!

Anything related to Navigation and Questions
Snappy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Snappy »

Afternoon all,

The power button on my Garmin Montana (3 years old!) has disintegrated......and for some reason at precisely the same time the birds eye maps all turned blue - no topography nothing (not rectified by a reboot unfortunately! I think the sun and sand finally got to it! hahaha!

So - I need a new GPS and Christmas is coming!...

Would like to stay with Garmin - does anyone have any suggestions? TIA
Mob: 0552899973

Current Wheels:

JKU Sahara 2014, 2.5" Mopar lift with Fox shocks, 1.18" wheel spacers, Sumo Springs Bump stops front and back, 285 x 70 x 17 Cooper AT3 tyres, 10th Anniversary Rubicon front bumper, truck lite LED head lights, LED spots and light bar, reinforced front Axle, AEV (Original!) Tyre carrier with 39l jerry can, Bestop Trex Top NX, mounted ARB single compressor and adorned with my lovely Warn 9.5CTi winch !

[/u][/color]

DesertDawg
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: Montana Power Button Crisis!

Post by DesertDawg »

Can I have your old one? I would like to try to repair it.... :D
Travelling in my truck...

Snappy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Snappy »

Hahaha sure Dave if Santa brings me a nice new one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mob: 0552899973

Current Wheels:

JKU Sahara 2014, 2.5" Mopar lift with Fox shocks, 1.18" wheel spacers, Sumo Springs Bump stops front and back, 285 x 70 x 17 Cooper AT3 tyres, 10th Anniversary Rubicon front bumper, truck lite LED head lights, LED spots and light bar, reinforced front Axle, AEV (Original!) Tyre carrier with 39l jerry can, Bestop Trex Top NX, mounted ARB single compressor and adorned with my lovely Warn 9.5CTi winch !

[/u][/color]

futureshock999
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Montana Power Button Crisis!

Post by futureshock999 »

The newest Garmin Montana is the 680, which takes all the same accessories and mounts as the 600 (useful), as well as the same software. It doesn't have a better screen, unfortunately, but it does have the new ability to use Russian GPS satellites as well as the American sats, which gives you a better position fix faster. It also has a better camera..um, yeah.

It is currently hard to find locally in the UAE, but I found it on Desertcart, which is where I bought it. Please be aware that there are two versions, one that has built in topo maps of the US (labled the "T" version, and useless to most of us) and one that is slightly cheaper without. https://www.desertcart.ae/products/1879 ... ontana-680
In the sand, there is truth.