Prado or FJCruiser? SWB or LWB?

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
halwa

Post by halwa »

wasifahmed wrote:Way to go TomL.

The FJs the best bet around. Great on road comfort and a great off road experience.

No extra mods needed at all.

Bags of Torque will get you up any dune you fancy and you can still drive to Dubai without getting your bones shaken.

Good sensible ground clearance for any kind of terrain. Aso check out the FJ-UAE .com website. Its our own FJ club in the UAE

The best part of driving an FJ is that nobody will mess with you on the roads. Guys see you coming in their rear view mirrors will move out of your way. Trust me.

And Sucide Doors -- Every boys dream come true.
And when you woke up the coffee was cold, sweet dreams my friend and you are welcome to come and drive behind me for a pleasant surprise :D 8O :D

heinz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by heinz »

andleadunn wrote: 1) They dont get stuck.......................Often
2) They dont get stuck on crests.........Often
3) Nothing falls off them....................Mostly
4) They come back at night looking very similair to the way they left in the morning.........Generally

WHICH JEEP IS THIS?!?!?!? I WANT ONE !!! :twisted: Does it come with a standard "nothing falls off them package" or is that optional?!?

:D

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

halwa wrote:
wasifahmed wrote:Way to go TomL.

The FJs the best bet around. Great on road comfort and a great off road experience.

No extra mods needed at all.

Bags of Torque will get you up any dune you fancy and you can still drive to Dubai without getting your bones shaken.

Good sensible ground clearance for any kind of terrain. Aso check out the FJ-UAE .com website. Its our own FJ club in the UAE

The best part of driving an FJ is that nobody will mess with you on the roads. Guys see you coming in their rear view mirrors will move out of your way. Trust me.

And Sucide Doors -- Every boys dream come true.

And when you woke up the coffee was cold, sweet dreams my friend and you are welcome to come and drive behind me for a pleasant surprise :D 8O :D
Same goes mate, to be honest I think the FJ looks cute in the rear view mirror, it looks like a fat kid running for cake. :lol: Don't try and run people off the road, thats what causes people to get hurt :twisted:

Good luck with the FJ TomL, I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest mate. :D
Last edited by TINTIN on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

Danbay wrote:
wasifahmed wrote: Bags of Torque will get you up any dune you fancy and you can still drive to Dubai without getting your bones shaken.
I just have to say I just looked it up and the Xterra has more Horse Power, and more Torque, but the same gas mileage, plus the Xterra comes without the ugly
:lol:
Danbay.

This is so but if you check further you will see that the power to weight ratio is in favour of the FJ

Back in California where I worked for Toyota the FJ stood for F*** Jeep. When I moved to the UAE they said in Dubai its Fatima Jenine and in Abu Dhabi its Fatima Jaber.

[/quote]

Desert_Rat

Re: FJ/Prado

Post by Desert_Rat »

TomL wrote:Right. I kind of thought that might provoke a bit of debate...
Thank you all for your kind contributions.
I think I'm going to buy the FJ, because I like the way it looks so silly.
And my kids can just squash into the back.
But first, I'm going to borrow my friend's Prado for the ANIT this weekend, just to make sure!
Tom
I m seeing u in the same situation i was. ur heart need desert but mind says family & space...well how often will u go to desert? daily?..ofcourse not..weekly? umm... may be... so my opinion is PRADO LWB. On the 2nd thoughts have u tried pajero lwb 3.8?(if u r not looking for re-sale and spare parts prices) i have done 3 trips with the club (including the magboul 1's - u get to know later about that MAFIA) :behold: .. and a gulf news fundrive..the car did well...As we say here that its not the car but the driver...
Choice is ofcourse urs but i have seen a marshal (name not to be disclosed :mrgreen: ) having a parado n it was my 1st trip with ad4x4 and 1st solo in the desert as well.. go for PARADO...
The world is not FLAT, Whatever the TERRAIN, there's JEEP. Get in n Get movin. The WORLD is WAITING.
Arif AKA Desert_Rat (Al-Ain)
Jeep Wrangler Sport - 2013 - Grey - BFG 285/70/16
H&R TRAK+® Wheel Spacers, 2.5" TeraFlex coils, Rancho RS7000 Shocks, Rancho RS5000 Steering stablizer, AOR Dual Exhaust muffler, SUPER Chip Tune, AirAid CAI

ANIT (4) Newbie (7)

050-6230947

Desert_Rat

Post by Desert_Rat »

wasifahmed wrote:
Danbay wrote:
wasifahmed wrote: Bags of Torque will get you up any dune you fancy and you can still drive to Dubai without getting your bones shaken.
I just have to say I just looked it up and the Xterra has more Horse Power, and more Torque, but the same gas mileage, plus the Xterra comes without the ugly
:lol:
Danbay.

This is so but if you check further you will see that the power to weight ratio is in favour of the FJ

Back in California where I worked for Toyota the FJ stood for F*** Jeep. When I moved to the UAE they said in Dubai its Fatima Jenine and in Abu Dhabi its Fatima Jaber.

In AL-AIN its FATIMA JUMA :lol:
[/quote]
The world is not FLAT, Whatever the TERRAIN, there's JEEP. Get in n Get movin. The WORLD is WAITING.
Arif AKA Desert_Rat (Al-Ain)
Jeep Wrangler Sport - 2013 - Grey - BFG 285/70/16
H&R TRAK+® Wheel Spacers, 2.5" TeraFlex coils, Rancho RS7000 Shocks, Rancho RS5000 Steering stablizer, AOR Dual Exhaust muffler, SUPER Chip Tune, AirAid CAI

ANIT (4) Newbie (7)

050-6230947

def_90
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Prado or FJCruiser? SWB or LWB?

Post by def_90 »

Go for JEEP..........it's the super perfect it's better than Bugatti Veyron and best off all it's TRAIL RETARD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mpenzi

Re: Prado or FJCruiser? SWB or LWB?

Post by Mpenzi »

Ownwd both cars and with the family and all i will highly recommend toyota prado.
i have 2003 Prado vxr Original plat form no modofication or lift kit anywhwre but go equaly in confort in dunes of liwa or the street of Dubai.
Be wise my friend and buy a prado.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com