Specially for Pajero owners

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
zulu
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by zulu »

Roger that, Iguana. And thanks. :ad4x4:
Black SWB Pajero, OME shocks, ARB bumper, IFP spots, Garmin 276c, mostly clean sometimes muddy.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Zulu buddy join 22nd DEC trip to alkhatim so we can c wht Pajero can do :twisted: :twisted:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kareemamr »

ZULU

Your pajero is the sleekest ride i've seen by far....

take good care of it , its really neat and i guess performance wise it will be awesome as i have mine the LWB and pretty satisfied with its performance with no MODS at all .... so i guess the same engine on the SWB is a Monster ...

Come on man join us and show them what a pajero can do :)

bukhamis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by bukhamis »

adiga wrote::yuck: :badidea:
Revenge of the sith
BuKhamis

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kareemamr »

bukhamis wrote:
Revenge of the sith
bukhamis have u got a pajero ??

:)

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Pajero Mods

Post by kareemamr »

Guys

Who is willing to to any mods for his pajero ???

Yesterday i went to ARB and took a quotation maybe we can get a better price if we are more people...

Anyone intrested just inform me...

Kareem

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Pajero Mods

Post by Bulldozer »

[quote="kareemamr"]Guys

Who is willing to to any mods for his pajero ???

I think its a perfect car no need for mods unless something get damage then i might give it a thought to improve, & I ll be busy to modify my Jeep, you know I am NOT a banker :dontknow: :crying: , I ll try to do one at a time :(
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

bukhamis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by bukhamis »

kareemamr wrote:
bukhamis wrote:
Revenge of the sith
bukhamis have u got a pajero ??

:)
As Darth Vader, I don't drive cars. I have a spaceship with a high airflow filter :lol:
BuKhamis

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Specially for Pajero owners

Post by Ahmedhammad »

Pajero Owners,

I have found this old post, which we can bring to life.

Ahmed.

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mamoun »

nice one I am sure that the best in the club now is cherif 3.0LWB stock :twisted:
+971509988737
Stock JKU

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

By the way, my wife is driving a LWB Pajero
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

mamoun wrote:nice one I am sure that the best in the club now is cherif 3.0LWB stock :twisted:
Totally agree..i have seen him drive...wowwwweeeeeee.

No other pajero comes close!
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

SCORPIO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SCORPIO »

Whats a Pajero

is it a 4x4 or its something like Aqua Water gallon 3.0 L ? :evil:
YOU CAN NEVER SET OUT TO GET OUT FROM THIS LIFE ALIVE

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

I will not fall in to this, Jalal. :D
However, be my guest for a shot from the Aqwa Water Gallon. ;) :nx:

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

ASC/TC

Well,

As we may all be aware that some of the 2003+ Pajeros are equipped with stability and traction systems. While on road, these systems might be a saver, though, not in all instances. On the off road front, it depends on the terrain you are exploring. In general, these systems are very useful on solid and (semi solid) surfaces like wadis' and mountains' terrains, and very handicapping on the soft surfaces like mud and sand terrains.

Taking sand terrain as our objective, I noticed from the few off-road trips I did with my car that when I'm driving on a flat soft deep sand surface, with ASC on, the car is doing very well. However, when it comes to a slop or an easy climb, the ASC turns to be a curse. It will engage once the wheels start gentle normal spinning or a slight skid, resulting in stopping wheels from spinning and a cut off to the throttle. This will ultimately result in the car losing the momentum gained and finally a disappointing stuck. :D

The aforementioned situation may slightly be avoided, if you turned off the ASC button under your steering wheel. But, you will still have the TC active. The TC in a way or another, tends to harmonize the wheels spinning, so if a wheel is spinning more than the other one, (except when steering to the left or to the right, where here it has its own calculations).

When a wheel spins more than the normal for the car movement and direction, the TC will engage, using the ABS to reduce the spinning of such wheel and get it running with the same speed of its sisters :). Here will come the problem, as this will make the car also lose the momentum it gained and you will feel that the car is fighting against you and itself. This will also result in an overheat to the ABS unit and may lead to a full ignition cutoff till the unit cools down

In order to disengage the TC you will have three options a) Drive on 4 LLC (Practically not possible all the time), b) engage the rear diff lock all the time when off-roading (will harm the axles and the joints), or c) electrically cut the current off that system.

Practically, you can’t totally cut the current off the whole system. However, it was evident that when you disconnect the ABS, the whole system will fail, as the system is mainly dependent on the ABS to control the wheels. Having the whole system down this will also prevent the throttle cut off that usually accompany the system engagement.

Not much ppl are aware of that, and some times I can feel older pajeros, which do not feature the ASC or the TC, are much powerful than my car.

Today I will test removing the ABS fuse/relay/cable. In a perfect world this would lead to the whole system being down. If not, I will have to go the harder way and interrupt the ECU wiring with a switch on the ABS cable. Some ppl were successful in doing that, but, it will require some work with the dashboard, which I hate to even touch.

I will start doing that, and will update you instantly. I'm very confident that this will release a lot form the car while off-road. If anybody is in doubt, then, I will anyway do it (will post pictures if wiring interuption is the solution) and we can test it later on my car to see if the difference worth the hassle or not.

I recommend no body do the above until I test it myself. I will not be responsible for any ECU blow ups, failures or otherwise. ;) Even though it worked with me it may not work with you. YOUR CALL.

I’m just sharing what I’m intending to do to benefit form the experience of all the members, and if went through smoothly, all can implement.

Any thoughts or corrections??